Question After sitting untouched for a while (a couple hours) my Asus laptop (UX330U) becomes unresponsive and needs a reset to get functioning again.

Mar 26, 2020
Hi, like the title says, when I leave my laptop untouched for a couple of hours the screen goes black and becomes unresponsive. Moving the track pad, or clicking keys on the keyboard do nothing and the screen won't come back on. Even pressing the power button won't do anything. My work around has been to hold the power button for an extended period of time, the laptop resets and I have access again. Any solutions for this to stop happening?

Saga Lout

Olde English
It sounds as though you're a victim of Windows Hibernation.

When you can work on it, press the Windows key and r at the same time. A black Command form shows up and you at the C: prompt type
powercfg Hibernate /off.

f that fails to accept the command, it's probably because I'm on a Linux system at the moment and it's been a while since I've had to use that syntax. and I can't check it until I get to a Windows system. You'll find the real syntax from the Net.

Mar 26, 2020
It sounds as though you're a victim of Windows Hibernation.

When you can work on it, press the Windows key and r at the same time. A black Command form shows up and you at the C: prompt type
powercfg Hibernate /off.

f that fails to accept the command, it's probably because I'm on a Linux system at the moment and it's been a while since I've had to use that syntax. and I can't check it until I get to a Windows system. You'll find the real syntax from the Net.
When I enter "powercfg Hibernate /off" into the command prompt it says "Hibernation state must be "on" or "off" "

Do you know how I should edit the syntax?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 14
T Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
1 Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1