After the last Windows updates I began getting access violation codes

gran25or

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
I upgraded to Windows 10 several months ago. On 9/16 after 5 Windows updates, I began getting access violation in module 'Flash.ocx'. Multiple reboots, shut-downs, uninstalling Flash and doing two restores, I am getting them again. This last one, just hours after the second restore today. I am getting so frustrated with this because I cannot find a "fix" for this anywhere. My Windows 10 does not look the same as the one on my husband's computer so I cannot even go into Settings>WiFi and adjust to 'metered'.

Solution
Are you using any screen saver programs/applications? If so, try disabling or uninstalling.

Was there a specific access violation code number provided?

Did you find this link:

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-fix-a-flash-ocx-error

Also you may find some additional information in the Event Viewer logs. Takes some initial effort upfront to get a sense of the logs and how to use them. What you are looking for is more specific information about what happens just before or at the time of a reboot or shutdown. E.g., some specific process or service may be the reason.

Right clicking an error code will provide more details and an error code number can be googled for more information.

Are you using any screen saver programs/applications? If so, try disabling or uninstalling.

Was there a specific access violation code number provided?

Did you find this link:

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-fix-a-flash-ocx-error

Also you may find some additional information in the Event Viewer logs. Takes some initial effort upfront to get a sense of the logs and how to use them. What you are looking for is more specific information about what happens just before or at the time of a reboot or shutdown. E.g., some specific process or service may be the reason.

Right clicking an error code will provide more details and an error code number can be googled for more information.

Solution