Air compressor issue

Aug 12, 2018
I recently bought an air compressor. As I was dusting of my MacBook. A sort of white film came out, but it disappear quickly without leaving any residue. I still got afraid. Especially because I did it while it was on. Thank god nothing weird happened. I turned it off the whole night and turned it on to charge in the morning. Si far it looks fine but it was a scare. Has anyone had this issue while using air compressed cans

Solution
an air compressor and canned air are two different animals.
an air compressor will have impurities in the air-stream, moisture and oil are the most common. the speed of the air could damage/remove loose parts.
canned air, or air dusters are full of propellant and the output is filtered to remove any oil or moisture. inverting the can will force propellant out of the nozzle and is not suggested. if it was propellant there should be no issue as it should evaporate completely quickly

R_1

Estimable
Herald
an air compressor and canned air are two different animals.
an air compressor will have impurities in the air-stream, moisture and oil are the most common. the speed of the air could damage/remove loose parts.
canned air, or air dusters are full of propellant and the output is filtered to remove any oil or moisture. inverting the can will force propellant out of the nozzle and is not suggested. if it was propellant there should be no issue as it should evaporate completely quickly

Solution