Alcatel One Touch 768T does not see all folders on SD Card

Nov 20, 2018
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, but my phone is not a smartphone and I couldn't see any options for classic flip phones.

So I have an old Alcatel One Touch 768T. I put some music on the SD card and at first everything worked properly. However yesterday I've added some more folders with mp3's in them but my phone will simply not see them at all when I scan for new files. The file browser also refuses to display the new folders. Now if it was an encoding issue with the mp3's in question, I wouldn't be here. Thing is, the phone won't even see the folders where the files are. Yet the folders I first added are visible. If I check my SD card's capacity on the phone and on my computer, the main Audio folder is exactly the same size on both devices, so the phone knows my audio folder takes up the right amount of space, but won't show me the folders for the recent file transfer.

My computer obviously sees everything and I can open the mp3's with no issues when my phone is plugged in to it. So I doubt the SD card itself has issues.

I've tried googling for a solution but given the age and nature of the device, there isn't much to find. I even tried poring through the phone codes to see if anything would help, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do?

EDIT: I've tried to copy some music files onto one of the existing folders my phone can see and my phone can recognize the files once that's done. I guess I have a makeshift solution (dumping all the files in a single folder the phone already knows is there), but if there's any way to actually have a properly organized list of folders, I'd love to get your input.

Solution
You may want to try this...

1. Copy all the files/folders off the card and onto the computer.
2. Make sure the phone shows no files and then restart (turn off and back on) the phone.
3. Once it is fully loaded again, move all the files & folders back to the SD card & see if the phone will notice them all.
4. If at this point it won't read all of them still, then the phone may actually have a limitation on the number of folders. It happens.
5. Should they not show, then your only option is to put them in the other folders or have no folders.
You may want to try this...

1. Copy all the files/folders off the card and onto the computer.
2. Make sure the phone shows no files and then restart (turn off and back on) the phone.
3. Once it is fully loaded again, move all the files & folders back to the SD card & see if the phone will notice them all.
4. If at this point it won't read all of them still, then the phone may actually have a limitation on the number of folders. It happens.
5. Should they not show, then your only option is to put them in the other folders or have no folders.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS