Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 - Any way/best way to move apps/data to SD card?

walden65

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
I have an Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 (running Lollipop). It's spontaneously restarting more and more frequently - usually when I'm right in the middle of something. How can i move installed phone apps to the SD card to free up internal memory? Many threads recommend removing the SD card and battery to reset the phone, but this model has an internal, non-removable battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tap the Apps square and go to Settings then tap Apps and choose one to move and tap no that. You should see the option to move it to the SD Card. Accept that offer and let it run. To move data storage to the card, go down the same route until you tap Storage instead of Apps and take it from there.

Michelle_62

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
Only way I've found so far to move data to SD card is by using a computer which is not ideal when traveling. Also you can move some apps by going to settings, storage, and then apps but you'll have to do each one manually. There are apps to download that let you move multiple apps at once. I haven't tried with this phone yet.

walden65

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016

@ Dennis_49, can you clarifiy a little, plase? Is teh problem with e-mails or with the ASdCard or do you want to switch the e-mail handling app to the card?

@ Michelle_62, I suggested APP2SD in another thread yesterday and it didn't do well at all. The poster had to uninstall it to get some other apps to work properly. I made it clear I wasn't recommending it as I hadn't tried it but I won't be pointing to it again. If you try another one and find it to be worth having, kindly post it here.