Alienware 15(2015) upgrade

majinlegacy

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
So im aiming to upgrade my alienware 15 2015 model, i have 8gb and 1tb, i want 16gb and a 1tb with a ssd. So what im asking is if you can put the exact parts i will need, memory and ssd, links to them, including parts like paste a screwdrivers, and if you can put links to the process, even better. Thanks

majinlegacy

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
What about the os, can i use the 1tb for storage and put the os on the ssd and how? Without spending much, i only have a recovery disc nothing more.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
Ok if you look at the link I sent you they have the Crucial MX200 250GB M.2 Type 2280 which is an MSATA SSD which means its smaller. I have an Alienware 18 that came with a 256 gb Msata and a one TB hd. I cloned the 256 GB SSD to a 1 TB SSD as my boot drive. I added a 750 gb HD so now I have a 1 TB SSD, 1 TB HD and a 750 gb HD I had laying around. I could even remove the optical drive and replace it with a HD or SSD.

According to the Crucial listing of compatible SSD's the AW 15 must have a MSATA and SATA drive capability. I would verify that with your specs.

Like I said when I did it I cloned the OS drive using Acronis True Image and the external USB drive case where I put the source drive.
If you try to just install Windows on the SSD i would remove the HD completely then when the OS is installed on the SSD you can put the HD back in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Starwraith Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 15
M Laptop General Discussion 5
T Laptop General Discussion 2
Iona_1 Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 6
E Laptop General Discussion 2
N Laptop General Discussion 6
Mike Andronico Laptop General Discussion 8