Alienware 15(2015) upgrade

majinlegacy

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
So im aiming to upgrade my alienware 15 2015 model, i have 8gb and 1tb, i want 16gb and a 1tb with a ssd. So what im asking is if you can put the exact parts i will need, memory and ssd, links to them, including parts like paste a screwdrivers, and if you can put links to the process, even better. Thanks

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Ok if you look at the link I sent you they have the Crucial MX200 250GB M.2 Type 2280 which is an MSATA SSD which means its smaller. I have an Alienware 18 that came with a 256 gb Msata and a one TB hd. I cloned the 256 GB SSD to a 1 TB SSD as my boot drive. I added a 750 gb HD so now I have a 1 TB SSD, 1 TB HD and a 750 gb HD I had laying around. I could even remove the optical drive and replace it with a HD or SSD.

According to the Crucial listing of compatible SSD's the AW 15 must have a MSATA and SATA drive capability. I would verify that with your specs.

Like I said when I did it I cloned the OS drive using Acronis True Image and the external USB drive case where I put the source drive.
If you try to just install Windows on the SSD i would remove the HD completely then when the OS is installed on the SSD you can put the HD back in.