Solved! Alienware m15 vs razer blade 15 (base)

Dec 5, 2018
I'm looking to get a new laptop for gaming and daily tasks for under $2000. I'm currently considering the new Alienware m15 with a 1070, 8gb or ram (I plan to upfrade it myself later) and the 144hz monitor, and the razer blade 15 base model. I'm not sure what's the best pick I understand the Alienware has better specs for the same price but I've heard the thermals are terrible. Any and all help would be appreciated for what is the better option.

Solution
Alienware gets my vote. If you should know anything, Razer need to be revered for their lackluster in the peripherals arena and on that note their failure rates are high for said peripherals. I'd rather invest in tried and tested hardware, not over hyped marketing.

Lutfij

Splendid
Alienware gets my vote. If you should know anything, Razer need to be revered for their lackluster in the peripherals arena and on that note their failure rates are high for said peripherals. I'd rather invest in tried and tested hardware, not over hyped marketing.

Solution
Dec 12, 2018
Notebookcheck just posted a review. The Dell should be fine. The thermals are pretty good (surprisingly) so there may even be no need to repaste, and the design is nice (a bit cheesy and Samsung-ish maybe, but not gamery at all IMO, so your colleagues, for example, will never recognise you playing LoL instead of working on a project). At the same time Blades tend to overheat and break down. Proven fact.