Im really new to tom's hardware, so I will tell you my story. i have a alienware m17x r3 but the alienware boot logo screen thing wont move, its stuck and wont load. i tried cleaning the all of the components, clearing the cmos, EVERTHING! its not moving. I left it for a few days and it was still where it was at. i cant go ino the bios with the f2 and f12 keys because it doesnt give me time before it freezes.
Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.
Try the following...
1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.
NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.
Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.
It doesn't not boot into windows, it's stuck at the screen before that. I also erased the Raid 0 so I have nothing on the drives anyway but It should still load past that screen, it was doing this even when there was windows on it too.