All audio but speakers are messed up

PoopDawg

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
I was just playing a game and when I was getting up the wire got caught on my chair and had a solid tug and I noticed my sound was waaaay distorted with the voices (games and music) being incredibly low and I can only hear background noises and some of the tune to a song and whatnot. I figured I messed up my headset (Siberia V2 Illuminated--usb plug) when I yanked on it earlier so I tried to wiggle around the wire/switch usb ports to the front and all the ports in the back just incase but it was unsuccessful. I then tried to use a pair of earphones that went into the audio jack instead of the usb port--same problem. Played music through the speakers and it was sounding perfectly fine. I reinstalled my Realtek HD Audio driver for windows 7 64bit and restarted the computer a few times but the problem still persists.

uninstall the realtek drivers and the siberia v2 drivers/tools, download and install hd audio codec from realtek´s homepage.

did you select earphones/headphones (not amplified) as default playback device in windows and realtek HD audio manager?

front and back jacks tried with the earphones?

Did you try other playback sources like youtube,...

boot e.g. ubuntu live from an usb flash drive and try it there, to be sure it´s not driver related

PoopDawg

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016

Sorry it took so long to reply I'm in the middle of moving houses.
Anyways, I uninstalled those drivers, installed the hd audio codec from their site and I launched my computer through ubuntu on a usb and the sound was still messed up on all but speakers. I also tried a bluetooth headset and it was still the same thing with the funky sound. I tried all the audio jacks and all usb ports and still nothing.

PoopDawg

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016

bluetooth headset works fine, connected to phone and sounds fine, normal headset is fine -- I plugged it into a laptop and worked fine. The speakers are plugged into the audio jack in the back of the tower. I swapped earbuds w/ the speakers on that same audio jack and the earphones worked fine, so it looks like thats the only spot for properly working audio output.

PoopDawg

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
Update: I just took apart my computer and put it back together to make sure it wasn't any loose wires or parts but the problem still exists. Just wondering if anyone had an idea that could work or if I'm pretty much out of luck.

PoopDawg

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016

The green audio jack in the back works, but the one in the front and all the usbs do not work for audio

PoopDawg

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
yes, the usbs in both the front and back do not work as far as audio is concerned and Ive been setting the usb audio device as the default device but still nothing