All major browsers freezes and slow load times.

Tehterokkar

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
Hey.

I've had this issue since I got my computer 6 months ago(Last Christmas).
I cannot use Waterfox(64-bit version) or Firefox for anything, constant "Not responding" when trying to load page, overall slow loading of pages and Youtube is laggy as hell(Video freezes at start and continues to be freezing for a minute or two after which it plays fine). IE is same as Firefox

Chrome is a bit better, but still sometimes I get "Not responding"(rarely though), but mostly the issue is that Chrome takes FOREVER to load the page, sometimes normal speed, sometimes up to a minute(This happens with all tabs if you try to open multiple links at once)

System specs:
Windows 7 Professional(EN) 64-bit
ASUS P8P67 Revolution WS Mobo
i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz
ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II
Kingston(Don't know exact model) 2x 4GB 1333MHz
Corsair 650W PSU
64GB SSD(Again can't remember model/brand :C) for Windows
1.5TB Western Digital Black Caviar 7200RPM

I've come to the conclusion, if I cannot find a fix here, I will just wipe off everything from the SSD and do a clean install of Win7.

The computer has no issues with games(Battlefield 3, Diablo 3, WoW) that I play, everything runs smoothly, the only issue is the browsers and maybe Flash player? I have tested around and it seems to be Flash player that is heavily taxing the browsers, even when not watching videos.

Any insight on this annoying problem? I've asked on many forums but still left with the problem.

RyQril

Honorable
May 11, 2012
this is a commonly Add-on / plugins problem, try to remove (uninstall from Programs and features) adobe flash player and download the latest manually, remove any other Add-on and clean your pc from junk files histories cookies (etc) and registry, install flash/other addon plugin

Tehterokkar

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
Hello.

From past, I have tried re-installing the browsers, java and flash. And downloaded them again(64bit flash/java of course). Hasn't worked.

Nikorr, I doubt it is a malware problem, I got a top notch Firewall/anti-virus/malware program. So I would have gotten an alarm if something was infected.
I can try the safe mode after I get back home from work and I also doubt it's the GPU drivers problem, as the problem has persisted since I built the PC and I always remove previous drivers before installing new ones so nothing can f- up.

I only use Flash and Java, I got no other plugin/addon for it. I can try a program called Advanced Systemcare, which cleans up registry, browsing history etc.

nikorr

Distinguished

I heard that before and the virus was the problem.

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
I'd simply try to clean down the machine a bit.

First I'd run CCleaner and clean up the registry / applications / browsers.

Ensure that ethernet / wireless adapters have suitable drivers installed - don't just rely on the default Windows drivers.

Then I'd open the Windows Resource Monitor. I do not mean the Task Manager. I mean the neat Windows 7 utility on the performance tab of the Task Manager. From here you can see process information in far more detail. I'd pay attention to excessive disk writes from your browser processes and check your network activity is what you expect both in terms of active processes, open TCP connections and ports. Generally just have a look around the tabs and understand where the resources are being used.