All out best sound systems that I can afford?

army1506

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I have a room that is 10x12 so it is fairly small. I want a sound system that would basically rock the room. I really don't want to settle for anything that gives out terrible quality audio, but sadly I am very new to all of this. I'm hoping to spend around $1000 dollars (which I am aware that $1000 may not be enough for what i want). Even if there's a system out there that is out of my budget, I would like to hear about it so maybe I can just save some extra cash and afford that one. I'll be using it to watch movies, play music, and play video games.

Any suggestions?

Solution

I will second...

kanewolf

Judicious
Do you want a receiver? Powered speakers? Top end headphones? All of those have the potential to give you great sound. Since you said movies and games I assume you want a 5.1 setup. I don't have any recommendations, it has been too long since I purchased any audio equipment and just my subwoofer was out of your budget.... BUT, I recommend you join AVS Forum and post this question in the Audio forum.

$1000 is enough to get you a decent system so long as you keep things simple. If you would like surround sound but don't want to stretch your budget right now then get a good quality surround receiver (such as Marantz) and a pair of speaker plus subwoofer (Paradigm would be good). Add the center & surrounds later.
If you are more interested in 2 channel music then a good quality integrated amplifier (Cambridge Audio) and pair of speaker (Paradigm or Revel) would be a better investment.
If there is a high end audio shop in your area visit them and listen to what they have with some of your own music. Even though they have equipment that is far more expensive they will have some good equipment that you can afford.

kanewolf

Judicious

I will second the recommendation for Paradigm speakers. I have them for my system. One way you can save some $$$ if you don't mind buying used is older top-end (Carver, B&K,etc) brands on E-Bay.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS