All PC sounds plays through microphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

killzone2367

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Hi everyone. I just did a fresh install of Windows, updated all my drivers and did all my updates. For some reason when I talk to people on skype, they can hear me and all my PC audio. I have had this identical issue in the past with the same set up, I don't remember for the life of me how I fixed it. Any input would be helpful, I feel like I've tried everything. :(

Solution

From what i understand its an issue with the kraken pro itself that seems quite common.
Two ways which you can attempt to fix it are:
1. mess with your mic levels in control panel-> manage audio devices-> recording -> properties-> levels
2. buy a 3.5mm to usb sound card and wire your kraken pro through that
i have tried the first one and while it works it also makes your mic very quiet, looking at picking up a usb sound card soonish

killzone2367

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Thanks for the reply! No, I'm using a Razer Kraken Pro headset. It's not sound bleeding from the headset. I would purposely trigger Windows system sounds on Skype, and people can hear them clearly as if it was their PC making the noise. Also Steam notifications would be transmitted clearly.

realtek audio driver?

Almost went crazy trying to fix this, im going to guess u also have realtek audio driver, if so just go to manager, Digital Input, and mute the recording Volume, if not, try finding a similar option.

another option that was mentioned was to disable all of the other sound input/output devices besides your headset.

--

it seems that this is quite a common occurance. i'm not sure if its a skype issue or windows issue to be honest. or perhaps it is just poor audio drivers.

what drivers do you have?

roteight

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013

I am having this exact same issue. windows 8.1 - realtek audio onboard gigabyte z77 mobo
i have messed around with any and all settings i could. i have isolated the issue to windows tho by recording me talking, then playing music on youtube, and i play it back and the music is recorded as well. getting annoying for online gaming applications. literally cannot use voice chat at this point.

cherubs23

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

From what i understand its an issue with the kraken pro itself that seems quite common.
Two ways which you can attempt to fix it are:
1. mess with your mic levels in control panel-> manage audio devices-> recording -> properties-> levels
2. buy a 3.5mm to usb sound card and wire your kraken pro through that
i have tried the first one and while it works it also makes your mic very quiet, looking at picking up a usb sound card soonish

Solution

tearherup

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014

tearherup

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014

tearherup

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
The reason is a hardware design flaw the power for the headset is usb and the computer is confused where to send the audio. Buy a 6 foot usb extension cord and use a usb wall charger for power. That will fix the problem.

tearherup

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
The reason is a hardware design flaw the power for the headset is usb and the computer is confused where to send the audio. Buy a 6 foot usb extension cord and use a usb wall charger for power. That will fix the problem.

Robinson Luu

Estimable
May 26, 2015
I was also running into the same problem. I could hear my sound playing even though I muted my mic.

I fixed it by going to Control Panel > Realtek HD Audio Manager > Device Advanced Settings [gear icon on the left]. Under Recording Devices, uncheck "Tie up same type of input jacks" and check "Separate all input jacks as independent input devices."

Status
Not open for further replies.