Am I being watched on my Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bldybg

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I hope I am posting this in the right place, I don't know where else to discuss something like this. Yesterday, I was out shopping with my mom. She told me about a promotion at her bank. I don't have an account there, I have nothing to do with that bank. I have a Note 3 and I went on the bank's website using the Chrome browser app. A few minutes later, I got a phishing e-mail saying someone tried to log in to my account with my e-mail on that bank's website. I haven't been on that site in years and I don't have an account there anyway so I know it's not true. It's the first time I get an e-mail pretending to be from that bank so it's obviously not a coincidence. How does the sender/bot know I went to that website and how did they get my e-mail? How can I stop this? Phishing has never scared me before but should I be worried now?

ss202sl

Honorable
How were you connected? Some people put up wireless points in public places just so they can get information. You think you're connecting to a coffee shop's network, and you're really connecting to the network that creep in the corner set up, and you have no way of knowing.

bldybg

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Yes, GPS was enabled in the OS but Chrome always asks whether I'd like to share my location especially on websites I'm visiting for the first time. I barely use GPS lately, should I keep that off too?

Status
Not open for further replies.