Amazon Developing TV Adaption of Zombieland Movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
All I wanted was a sequel, but they hemmed and hawed around about it and now all we're getting is a show. I'm trying to remain hopeful that it'll be good, but without the original actors playing the roles, it's very difficult.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]shikamaru31789[/nom]All I wanted was a sequel, but they hemmed and hawed around about it and now all we're getting is a show. I'm trying to remain hopeful that it'll be good, but without the original actors playing the roles, it's very difficult.[/citation]

Their contending with premium channels like HBO and Showtime who don't have a problem dropping over $1 million an episode. So long as they keep the settled in the same universe and keep the main characters from the movie out of it I think the show can be very good. Think of scrubs a very funny show that to be serious whatever needed to be, that's what zombie land needs to be to succeed.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Feels like game for a 4yr old "Character names: Tallahassee, Columbus, Wichita, Little Rock, Fred, and Ainsley - pick the two that don't belong". I'd be willing to bet that they added two new characters for the sole reason that the show'd be considered "too white" for TV these days... Lame.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Not sure how I feel about this hidden gem of a movie getting 'downgraded' to TV show status, like Stargate was with SG1 (and ensuing spin-offs). I would prefer getting to know new characters if I had to, rather than have other actors play the characters we know already, and just sprinkle in some plot arcs with the original cast once in a while...

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]shikamaru31789[/nom]All I wanted was a sequel, but they hemmed and hawed around about it and now all we're getting is a show. I'm trying to remain hopeful that it'll be good, but without the original actors playing the roles, it's very difficult.[/citation]
The guy that made the movie approached TV studios with the idea of TV show first, with enough material for several seasons, it was only when they initially rejected the idea (stupidly) that he condensed some material into a movie. Since it was a riotous success and The walking Dead got to the TV spot first (and was also a riotous success) the Zombieland TV series was always going to go back to it's roots. This is not "all we are ging to get" it is what it was originally intended to be. what do you think the whole "Zombie kill of the week" was for, a throwback to original TV scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.