Amazon: Get Blu-ray or DVD, then Stream for Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
This is a great idea, but unless is will apply to all movies, including all new releases, then Amazon will fail with this. This is the reason that Netflix fails with their instant view section. I mean, we live in the year 2009, but it still feels like 1999. This is a nifty idea, but kind of useless.

daship

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Who wants to buy another copy of a old movie just to get a digital copy. New movies great, but old movies = fail. Its easy to make your own movies digital anyways. If its legal for amazon to give you a digital copy, how is it different then making your own?

AIstudio

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2007
How will this work if the governing bodies get there way and we are all capped in bandwidth due to them pointing the finger at piracy. Sorry but you cant cut it both ways??

staalkoppie

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
LOL....South African internet is so backwater, I'll order the dist, and download the movie...the disk will arrive, I'll watch it a million times, and my PC will still be downloading the digital version... :)

bk420

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
This is very cool! I love A-VOD + VieraCast. I think it's the best value out there in VOD and getting the disk+ is an even better deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.