Solved! Amazon Prime access

Nov 28, 2018
I've downloaded the Amazon Prime app on our new Samsung smart TV and everything seems to work OK UNTIL - when I click on an episode of a series or on a movie, the screen then goes blank and nothing happens. I've de-installed the app and re-installed and that didn't help. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
this is what I recommend. It's fast and very nice and easy to get around and even search
https://www.roku.com/products/roku-ultra

the remote has Netflix, Hulu, Slingbox, etc.. then YOU need to search for what you want within each service. Tons of stuff in Netflix and Hulu, more than you can ever watch.

it can access Amazon Prime of course, everything except iTunes which is just for Apple TV streamers and Apple customers who choose to buy media from them. An Apple TV streamer can also access Prime, but you would not need it if you don't own music or movies/TV on iTunes--the Roku is all you really need.

lol, I ditched cable when Netflix went live with only 25,000 titles online, I then later ditched my 5DVD package for pure online and...
I have an Amazon firestick and ALL of the apps I've installed, for AMC, CBS and a variety of others all work fine. The ones installed on our other tv directly, not so much. However, your specific problem doesn't happen on ours, so I'd contact the manufacturer of your TV, OR Amazon, and try to get help directly through their support system.

I'd also check to see if your TV has any firmware updates available.

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
this is what I recommend. It's fast and very nice and easy to get around and even search
https://www.roku.com/products/roku-ultra

the remote has Netflix, Hulu, Slingbox, etc.. then YOU need to search for what you want within each service. Tons of stuff in Netflix and Hulu, more than you can ever watch.

it can access Amazon Prime of course, everything except iTunes which is just for Apple TV streamers and Apple customers who choose to buy media from them. An Apple TV streamer can also access Prime, but you would not need it if you don't own music or movies/TV on iTunes--the Roku is all you really need.

lol, I ditched cable when Netflix went live with only 25,000 titles online, I then later ditched my 5DVD package for pure online and have never looked back nor missed broadcast tv and advertisements. With Hulu subscription, if you don't want adverts, you pay 11.99 per month, no ads, HD quality, with most shows people watch on tv.

right now Prime is my favorite because all my favorite old British shows are on it. Except for All Creatures, I need to just buy that one.

Solution

faalin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
I have a samsung UN55KS9000 tv that came with netflix, amazon, hulu and so on preinstalled. I use netflix, youtube, and amazon. i have more issues with the comcast netflix app and just the comcast box itself then anything

Rebecca is your tv hard wired for internet or wifi. Have you tried to wait and see if the show comes up after a few min.