amd 7970m fried?

kungfupunker

Estimable
Oct 4, 2015
hi guys i have had some problems with my clevo p150em with a amd 7970m, frame rate dropping and the card not responding. last week i cleaned the fans out and that seemed to do the trick leading me to believe maybe it had overheated. last night i was playing dirty bomb and the screen went black and would not respond i was foced to do a hard restart. on restart the laptop would not get past the starting windows screen.after hunting around online i decided to troubleshoot and i started the laptop in safe mode and disabled the amd7970m and this allowed the laptop to start out of safe mode. i have reinstalled the intel hd4000 graphics drivers and the amd drivers to previous versions but nothing seems to do the trick is the card fryed? is there any fixes for this type of issue? can i even get a card replaced? please help im stumped!

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that could help in resolving that issue.

- Uninstall AMD graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features anything related to AMD graphics.
- Download and install the driver from AMD support site
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot the laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- Lastly, try and connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. You're graphics card isn't fried yet since you can still boot into safe mode.
- Performing a Factory Reset after all these steps doesn't work should be the very least to try but may be required to fix the issue.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that could help in resolving that issue.

- Uninstall AMD graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features anything related to AMD graphics.
- Download and install the driver from AMD support site
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot the laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- Lastly, try and connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. You're graphics card isn't fried yet since you can still boot into safe mode.
- Performing a Factory Reset after all these steps doesn't work should be the very least to try but may be required to fix the issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS