AMD A6-4400 upgrade to A10

Mflynn

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
This is my first post and I can see these forums are filled with a wealth of knowledge, so I am asking for your assistance in something I cannot find an answer to.

From the cpu upgrade site I have found the a6-4400m apu to be 100% compatible with several of the Amd A10 processors with the fs1r2 (might have this wrong) socket. If anyone has completed this upgrade and can confirm compatibility please chime in. I'm paying for my medical classes out of pocket so the expense of an entirely new laptop is too much. The laptop being upgraded is an HP Pavilion G7 2340dx ; I've already maxed out the Ram to 8GB the motherboard is capable of and installed an mx300 SSD with the latest bios update as well. These improvements have gotten me extra life out of this machine but running tasking medical analysis programs overloads the apu.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank-you for your time and happy holidays!

Mflynn

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
I've found relative sources confirming the A10-5750m is possibly compatible but anot A10-4600m is 100 % compatible. I've ordered the 4600, I will post an update with the outcome once the chip arrives in case anyone will be performing this upgrade as well. I picked up the A10-4600 for $28 eBay free shipping