orphanwhite

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
I recently reinstalled Windows 7, and after reinstalling I check my display adapters in Computer Management. I've always have two display adapters, one of them being an ATI driver, and the other AMD. After reinstalling, both display adapters were Standard VGA Adapter. I managed to reinstall the ATI one, but I cannot find the correct drivers for the AMD. I have tried Catalyst, but it only detects the ATI driver. In Computer Management, there is an exclamation mark next to where it says Standard VGA Adapter.

I have a HP Pavillion dv6, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Solution
And the reason why is because you have a laptop.
It uses hybrid graphics.

AMD do not supply the video driver package for the setup and configuration of your laptops Hybrid graphics solution.
You have to use the video driver provided from the Hp support website for your model of laptop.
Get the exact model number from the sticker on the underside of the laptop.

Click on the link bellow and input the model number of your dv6 laptop.
Download the video drivers, and install them.
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice

Then the graphics card, or cards will be listed right in computer management, instead of displaying standard vga adapters.

Mark_1970

Estimable
Nov 14, 2015

under the laptop it may have a more comprehensive model number, need this if we are going to find the correct driver for you because there is many DV6 models with varying parts inside

Shaun o

Distinguished
And the reason why is because you have a laptop.
It uses hybrid graphics.

AMD do not supply the video driver package for the setup and configuration of your laptops Hybrid graphics solution.
You have to use the video driver provided from the Hp support website for your model of laptop.
Get the exact model number from the sticker on the underside of the laptop.

Click on the link bellow and input the model number of your dv6 laptop.
Download the video drivers, and install them.
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice

Then the graphics card, or cards will be listed right in computer management, instead of displaying standard vga adapters.

Solution