AMD Laptop CPU Stuck at low GHz.

SMARTZ921

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
I've seen this problem posted here a few times but none of the solutions have worked so far. So I have an AMD Laptop. It has an A8-7410 CPU that is stuck at 998MHz. I've wiped and reinstalled windows and done almost everything under the sun yet no fix. Please help.

Pic of HW Monitor:
8rXVDcP

Link: https://imgur.com/8rXVDcP

Pic of CPU-Z:
4TOzn

Link: https://imgur.com/a/4TOzn

Specs:
AMD A8-7410
Radeon R5M320
8GB RAM
Windows 10

Or if it helps its an Asus X555YI (that's the model number). Anyway I look forward to any responses.

Regards,
SMARTZ

Solution
You need to be 100% sure the charging port, charger, and battery are all in working order. Some laptops, when the battery is bad, will not reach proper clocks. If you used it on the battery extensively, the battery will only last 1-3 years depending on how hard you are on it. Otherwise you probably have a bad motherboard. Your laptop isn't worth much, I would just hock it on ebay and buy a better one, A8 is super slow, any i3 or better last few generations is over 2x as fast CPU wise (updates, turning on computer, opening files, 99% of what a computer does)

djska322

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018
Try updating the bios of your Laptops motherboard from the website of your brand,Check first with CPU-Z what BIOS is currently installed,then check for new bios version and apply!Do not interrupt the process or cut power of your laptop untill the update process is completely finished!start with full battery before you engage in bios updates!If that does not solve your problem then your laptop is broken and have to be returned to the warranty service center of you laptops brand!Good luck with that!Cheers

KittyFish62

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
Not sure if a BIOS update would help, since it should of been fine from the start, but the OP can try anyways. You could try overclocking it, but I doubt you'll be able to do that, since the BIOS might not be capable of overclocking it.

SMARTZ921

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016

I have updated the bios and still nothing.

Apr 26, 2018
You need to be 100% sure the charging port, charger, and battery are all in working order. Some laptops, when the battery is bad, will not reach proper clocks. If you used it on the battery extensively, the battery will only last 1-3 years depending on how hard you are on it. Otherwise you probably have a bad motherboard. Your laptop isn't worth much, I would just hock it on ebay and buy a better one, A8 is super slow, any i3 or better last few generations is over 2x as fast CPU wise (updates, turning on computer, opening files, 99% of what a computer does)

Solution