Yari Leo

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
Hey

I have a TOSHIBA with two graphics cards, an Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, and an AMD Radeon R7 M260.

Recently the Radeon can no longer be detected, the error 45 comes up and I can't find it ANYWHERE on google. It basically means the device is not "plugged into my device" I have not dropped my laptop or altered any hardware.

I've tried uninstalling and installing an AMD driver updater etc and It comes up with error 173, (again that I don't have the hardware) does this mean I was unlucky and the hardware just broke itself, or is there a chance there's anyone out there that knows a software fix for this?

Huge thank you in advance for anyone kind enough to help.

Solution
Error Code 45 is basically a very common "Device Manager" problem.

This error shows up when "Windows" fails to acknowledge a device connected to the computer. It will either say that the device is not present or that it was previously attached to a computer.

It can be from a temporary system file malfunction or a problem in the "Windows Registry". In the case of the "Registry" being the issue, it could be due to a damaged or corrupted "Registry".

When the error shows up it usually says: “Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer” (Code 45)

Things to do to fix the problem...

1. Conduct a full malware scan of Your PC.
2. Clean out your system junk (temporary files and folders) with "Disk Cleanup".
3. Update...
Error Code 45 is basically a very common "Device Manager" problem.

This error shows up when "Windows" fails to acknowledge a device connected to the computer. It will either say that the device is not present or that it was previously attached to a computer.

It can be from a temporary system file malfunction or a problem in the "Windows Registry". In the case of the "Registry" being the issue, it could be due to a damaged or corrupted "Registry".

When the error shows up it usually says: “Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer” (Code 45)

Things to do to fix the problem...

1. Conduct a full malware scan of Your PC.
2. Clean out your system junk (temporary files and folders) with "Disk Cleanup".
3. Update your device drivers.
4. Utilize "Windows System Restore" to undo recent system changes.
5. Uninstall, reboot & then reinstall the "Windows Operating System Program" Associated with Code 45.
6. Run "Windows System File Checker" ("sfc /scannow").
7. Install all available "Windows Updates".
8. Check for hard drive corruption ("chkdsk /f").
9. Test your memory (RAM) for corruption.
10. Repair Registry Entries Associated with Error 45.

NOTE: Doing any work in the "Registry" can be very dangerous if you do not know what you are doing. It is not a place to just make changes in. So be very careful when doing anything in the "Registry".

11. Perform a clean installation of "Windows".

Solution