AMD Switchable Graphics not always switching when needed

Jul 30, 2018
Hi. My issue is that my LenovoY700 14isk doesn't always switch graphics cards from the onboard Intel graphics, to my more powerful AMD card, and I haven't quite been able to figure it out. I've seen lots of other threads about this, and I've followed the instructions listed on many of them, to the letter, but alas, no changes.
Here are my specs, I haven't done this before so I'll do my best, if I miss something feel free to ask for it.
Lenovo Y700 14isk
8 GB RAM
Intel(R) Core i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 (Onboard)
AMD Radeon R9 M275X (Secondary graphics or dedicated or whatever this one is called)

If it helps, here's a list of the games that I've noticed never uses my AMD card when it should be.

Planetside 2
Dishonored 2 (Though this game is known for being plagued with laptop issues)
Dirty Bomb
Path of Exile

Before I posted this I went through and reinstalled the newest drivers (from their respective companies) after uninstalling with DDU. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and one last thing, I have gone into BIOS and made sure that switchable graphics are turned on.

Solution
I fixed my problem, and it was unbelievably simple. If you have the latest AMD drivers you should have the AMD Radeon Settings when you right click on desktop. Make sure your drivers are up to date, then open up the Radeon Settings, click on system, and click the switchable graphics tab. Switch the view mode from running applications to installed profiled applications. From here, any program that you wish to run under your AMD GPU you can add, so long as you find it's .exe.

I'm sure for most people using this site, this was painfully obvious, but just in case there are more people like me out there, here's my answer.
Jul 30, 2018
I fixed my problem, and it was unbelievably simple. If you have the latest AMD drivers you should have the AMD Radeon Settings when you right click on desktop. Make sure your drivers are up to date, then open up the Radeon Settings, click on system, and click the switchable graphics tab. Switch the view mode from running applications to installed profiled applications. From here, any program that you wish to run under your AMD GPU you can add, so long as you find it's .exe.

I'm sure for most people using this site, this was painfully obvious, but just in case there are more people like me out there, here's my answer.

Solution
Sep 16, 2018

Unfortunately it won't stay saved like you just mentioned, at least for me and a dozen others, posts of whom I happened to stumble upon.