Status
Not open for further replies.

cdjuda

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Went out and got myself an Asus Xonar DSX 7.1 soundcard.

With my 7.1 headset plugged into the soundcard everything works great.

But there's no playback option for me to switch back to my main speakers in the playback devices menu.

Can I only use the PCI soundcard after I've installed it? :??:

cdjuda

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

Okay so there was an option to disable the setting where it turns off on board audio.

Changed that, saved the settings.

Still not showing up in playback devices, not sure what's going on here.

cdjuda

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Capture_zps3ovdfcin.png

The astro headset isn't the one I'm needing to switch to, just an FYI. That goes to the playstation but it's plugged into the USB on my computer for charging purposes.

cdjuda

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

Disconnected devices are showing some Nvidia HDMI outputs, nothing that would affect the headset.

Switched all of the disabled devices on, put on the headphones and switched all the listed to devices to the default audio device.

Audio only comes out of that one device

cdjuda

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Both the motherboard and soundcard support 7.1 devices.
Changed some things around so right now.
Headset is connected to the mobo. Audio is playing out of the headset
External speakers are connected to the soundcard, nothing is coming out or showing up in playback devices.

Did a little fiddling around

So if the control software for the soundcard is uninstalled the speakers connected to the on-board show back up. But anything connected to the soundcard won't show back up in playback devices.

Are there like 3rd party or community drivers I can download that would eliminate this issue?

cdjuda

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

I just bought this soundcard, is there anything I could buy instead that would eliminate this issue.

I'm just wanting to switch from playing audio from my main speakers to my headset without unplugging things from the back of my computer.

cdjuda

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Wow fixed it.

For some reason Asus Xonar cards install this crappy software in addition to the driver software needed to use the device.

Disabling the software startup via task manager or msconfig depending on your operating system will allow you to switch audio devices again.

Appreciate your help man.

Status
Not open for further replies.