Analyst: The iPhone 5 Was Steve Jobs' Last Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jlats26[/nom]I should be, but I'm not at all.[/citation]
No you shouldn't.

The death of Steve probably had a good impact on sales of the 4S, so it should come as no surprise that apple is trying to make the legacy live on

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Of course... tickling them stupid fans's tiny brains with steve jobs name to get them to feel good about buyin his last product that he touched with his (godly revolutionary) w/e it is.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Miharu[/nom]It's not because it's good for sale.. that they should use it.They sell theirs souls... and now they sell theirs dead.... FREAK!!![/citation]
Yeah, using the dead so that a big corporation can keep milking it's customers...

Disgusting!

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]Yeah, using the dead so that a big corporation can keep milking it's customers...Disgusting![/citation]

Jobs himself would do that; don't get so upset.

lasik124

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
regardless whether he died or not, all iphones sell amazing because....its an iphone. To add the tid bit about the death....not so cool, whether they did it or not, the iphones are gonna sell the same

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Jobs himself would do that; don't get so upset.[/citation]
Sure, but that doesn't make it ethically and morally acceptable.

And not upset, I would say dissapointed however with some pretty low expectations from apple I can't say I am.

lasik124

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
lol me either, however so many people think its bad marketing, if i died and i worked my @!! off not sleeping to get this thing out, id like people to know i went out with a bang

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]No you shouldn't.The death of Steve probably had a good impact on sales of the 4S, so it should come as no surprise that apple is trying to make the legacy live on[/citation]
True dat.

Apple is getting free marketing worldwide from the death of Jobs.
Hell, I live in Kuwait, and it was all over the news that day, EVERYONE at my university was talking about it as well as praising the 4S...
... if your phone is not an iphone, then it's crap, even my friends tell me that I should've went with the iphone when I show them my Galaxy S2 :/

nikorr

Distinguished
[citation][nom]julianbautista87[/nom]iphone: completely closed and tracking you wherever you are. revolutionary! incredible![/citation]
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]True dat.Apple is getting free marketing worldwide from the death of Jobs.Hell, I live in Kuwait, and it was all over the news that day, EVERYONE at my university was talking about it as well as praising the 4S...... if your phone is not an iphone, then it's crap, even my friends tell me that I should've went with the iphone when I show them my Galaxy S2Tell them to get a life.[/citation]
Tell them to get a life.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Where does it say that Apple plans to do anything tying the death of Jobs to any products? The article merely pointed out that the iPhone 5 was that last product that Jobs was involved with. An outside analyst then made some predictions based on consumer behavior that may or may not come to pass. Quite a jump to go from last product Jobs worked on to Apple capitalizing on his death and tying it to said product.

The release of iPhone 4 and his death the next day is pure coincidence... nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.