THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Not sure if should go under software or tablets...

Anyways, I tried an app called MONECT which does an ok job but, remote desktop crashes and no single screen with keyboard and mouse you have to switch back/forth.

What I'm looking for is a good/free app that I can install onto my Win7x64 machine to load at startup in the background. It's an HTPC so never has a keyboard/mouse attached, it just starts up automatically into XBMC. I was hoping to get a decent app for my Nexus10 that would act as a keyboard/mouse so when I need to access the HTPC I don't have to dig out the mouse/keyboard and plug it in.

Anyone have any experiences with apps similar to MONECT? Have any recommendations? Most of the stuff I'm finding when searching Google Play is to turn your phone into a joystick.

Everything I have runs off the same router in the house. So looking for WiFi... unless bluetooth is an option since those generic eBay bluetooth adapters are dirt cheap.

Thanks

Solution
Not bad, the Google one... but not many options. I have a computer that connects to a TV through HDMI for movies (my computer, not the media player system) and the desktop is extended from monitor to TV... problem with the Google app is that it shows both screens on the tablet at once. Hopefully they add an option to chose just 1 screen.

Should work well on the media server system though since it's just the PC connected to the TV, no computer monitors.

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Taking a look now, seeing stuff about needing a licence and trial versions etc... looking for something that's free.

MONECT was working, finally got it to work properly, then today it updated to a newer version and dead again. Go to their site (after I disabled future updates) and tried to download the newer version for the desktop, and their site is a mess, can barely navigate and download links just loop back to the same page.

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Not bad, the Google one... but not many options. I have a computer that connects to a TV through HDMI for movies (my computer, not the media player system) and the desktop is extended from monitor to TV... problem with the Google app is that it shows both screens on the tablet at once. Hopefully they add an option to chose just 1 screen.

Should work well on the media server system though since it's just the PC connected to the TV, no computer monitors.

Solution