Anonymous Strikes Deus Ex, Eidos Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agustus69

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
These guys are some sort of jerks. I'm hoping they are caught some day and rather than offering them a job - which is usually what happens with hackers - instead tossing them in the clink for a good 10-15 years.

guyjones

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
What a bunch of total imbeciles. These people are contemptible.

It's great to have computer skills. To use those skills to steal the property of developers and designers who are pouring their sweat into making software titles to be sold is just despicable.

These people are too lazy to get real jobs and instead spend their time destroying the livelihood of others. They deserve universal condemnation from users.

weaselsmasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Do people understand yet why Anonymous aren't heroes? They're just people who like to hurt other people, then hide behind "social justice" or other empty marketing-grade buzzwords. Anonymous does not give a damn about Guantanamo, Tibet, or whatever other cause they use as excuse. Don't fool yourselves; they're the online equivalent of wife-beaters.

Giving a sullen Asperger's poster-child punk computer skills doesn't somehow make them anything other than a skilled punk.

G

Big difference between 9000 and 350 resumes.... Yay sensationalism. The next article I see will have a headline of "9000 resumes and source code stolen by Anonymous".
Why has Toms Hardware gone all tabloid in the past few years? (I don't care if the article originated on another site either -- you guys shouldn't just repost it anyways -- this isn't Gawker).

caskachan

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
Why do companies keep making the mistake of havign sensitive game source code data on the same hard disk /network of their own website, keep the damn things separated!, hackers can only steal what you have on there FFS

G

The complete chat log can be found here http://pastebin.com/8yb6bVxQ.

btw these are rogue anon member. unfair to hate on the majority of anon that don't support this.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]rotsae[/nom]The complete chat log can be found here http://pastebin.com/8yb6bVxQ.btw these are rogue anon member. unfair to hate on the majority of anon that don't support this.[/citation]

Oh and its ok for Anon to hate on everyone that uses PS3 just because a few people didnt agree with what they did cause thats what Anon did, took down Sony and affected EVERYONE. but its ok to keep believing your fairy tale

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]rebel1280[/nom]Oh and its ok for Anon to hate on everyone that uses PS3 just because a few people didnt agree with what they did cause thats what Anon did, took down Sony and affected EVERYONE. but its ok to keep believing your fairy tale[/citation]
Last I checked they didnt hate on everyone that uses a PS3. They took down sony for a short while with a DDoS attack, but the people that caused PSN to be down for so long were not part of Anon.

Also, from what I read in this article, anon had nothing to do with the attack on Eidos. For once, I really disagree with the title of an article.

azcoyote

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
If you hack a company and cause a 7 figure financial loss, you deserve a double tap to the forehead. People need to burn these Anon Aholes to the ground...

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]azcoyote[/nom]If you hack a company and cause a 7 figure financial loss, you deserve a double tap to the forehead. People need to burn these Anon Aholes to the ground...[/citation]
Once again, that was not Anon. PSN is/was down due to the infiltration that stole data which was not Anon. A simple DDoS was from anon, which could cause only some minor downtime.

johnners2981

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
[citation][nom]Skiddywinks[/nom]I hear it might be a retaliation for in game advertising of things like The Mechanic and McDonalds in a game based in the future.[/citation]

If thats true then these people are even more pathetic than I thought

azcoyote

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
@TheRabidDeer - I call BS. They WERE affiliated with Anon and got disavowed. Does that mean Anon is a bunch of pus$ies or are they just disloyal when the heat is on? BTW a DDos attack causes losses as well. Anon is not acting on social conscience or realizing some new form of digital activism. It is Cyberterrorism. Attack, destroy, steal, graffiti, cause mayhem... For what? For every 1 "idealistic" member in Anon, there are probably 100 punkish script kiddies with a grudge and cr@p for morals. Anon needs to burn and I would happily douse each member in kerosene and give the Feds a match if I could...

candrwhite

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]TheRabidDeer[/nom]Once again, that was not Anon. PSN is/was down due to the infiltration that stole data which was not Anon. A simple DDoS was from anon, which could cause only some minor downtime.[/citation]

Well if I were Anon, I'd seriously consider stopping and/or outing the punks who did do it, since they are seriously giving Anon a bad name.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]weaselsmasher[/nom]Do people understand yet why Anonymous aren't heroes? They're just people who like to hurt other people, then hide behind "social justice" or other empty marketing-grade buzzwords. Anonymous does not give a damn about Guantanamo, Tibet, or whatever other cause they use as excuse. Don't fool yourselves; they're the online equivalent of wife-beaters.Giving a sullen Asperger's poster-child punk computer skills doesn't somehow make them anything other than a skilled punk.[/citation]

Yes, and if I come to your house, almost step on your foot, before running off, I suppose the news would be more than appropriate to say: "US Navy unleashes covert operation to injure civilian! Mission Canceled when cover was blown!"

Get real. This has absolutely nothing to do with Anonymous beyond the fact that these people "used" to be in Anon, at best. And I assure you.. after a stunt like this, Anon they are no longer. Perhaps you should know what your talking about before tossing your two cents around.

[citation][nom]rebel1280[/nom]Oh and its ok for Anon to hate on everyone that uses PS3 just because a few people didnt agree with what they did cause thats what Anon did, took down Sony and affected EVERYONE. but its ok to keep believing your fairy tale[/citation]

If Anon taking down Sony for a short period of time has THAT big of an effect on you.. You need a much better life. Also, they didn't hate on anyone for using a PS3, stop making crap up. So yeah, I'd rather believe my fairy tale, then your flat out uninformed, unrealistic, and rather childish bias and lies. Anon, sir, stands for something. Wish you could say the same.

[citation][nom]azcoyote[/nom]If you hack a company and cause a 7 figure financial loss, you deserve a double tap to the forehead. People need to burn these Anon Aholes to the ground...[/citation]

Are you really that mad you can't play COD right now on PSN? Go buy a book.. Meet a girl.. Something productive.
[citation][nom]johnners2981[/nom]@azcoyote well said sir[/citation]

You too.

azcoyote

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
@Scuba

Actually I don't own a PS3 or other console... PC gamer.. Regardless, no person or group should be allowed to attack a company, negatively affect it's business, effectively tarnish it's reputation, devalue it's stock, damage it's employees livelihood, and then just walk because YOU think the people who use their services should read a book, meet a girl, or use their time differently. That is some seriously flawed thinking being used to excuse some seriously criminal behavior. I have news for you and people like you Scuba. If you dislike Sony or any other corporation, don't buy their products... H3ll, go stand at their door and scream with a picket sign if you want... You have that right... You and everyone else like you do NOT have the right to attack them digitally, deface their property, diminish their ability to do business, or steal from them... This is just as criminal a throwing a firebomb through a front window of a business. The difference being that because this is an internet attack, they can hide behind their anonymity... For a while at least.... Anon needs to burn. I hope you sympathizers burn with them...

Status
Not open for further replies.