Another Sign of Xbox 360 Pro SKU Extinction

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay236

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Yeah because paying an extra $100 for a 120GB HD upgrade and black paint job was totally not worth it.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Sounds good. I've been thinking about buying a 360 (can't hog a friends too often after all ^_^), but it may have to wait till after I get a DX11 card :D.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Roffey123[/nom]/ wonders why Microsoft didn't do this in the first place[/citation]
Microsoft doesn't know how to create a product without 50-different options. They're like a car manufacturer. Sometimes choice is nice, but really you only need two choices, one console with a HDD, and one without.

Companies vary products by harddisk space simply because they can make more money off the bigger drives. People on a tight budget buy the cheapest model, people with free cash buy the biggest model, the middle model serves no purpose other than to create more desire for the bigger, more expensive model.

konenavi

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Microsoft doesn't know how to create a product without 50-different options. They're like a car manufacturer. Sometimes choice is nice, but really you only need two choices, one console with a HDD, and one without.Companies vary products by harddisk space simply because they can make more money off the bigger drives. People on a tight budget buy the cheapest model, people with free cash buy the biggest model, the middle model serves no purpose other than to create more desire for the bigger, more expensive model.[/citation]
Really? Because I have an 80GB PS3 and a damn near launch 360 both still work, amazingly. However I hate the PS3, its slow, 90 percent of the games I have run at 720P only and PSN sucks no matter how much more Live costs. I gotta admit though GT5 and Metal Gear Solid 5 are/will be very very good games.

Oh PC Gaming FTW

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
get off the integrated wireless bandwagon... some of us prefer to use better wireless adapters than either company's offerings... and some rather be on the wire anyway!

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
I prefer having my 360 wired. Too much wireless interference causing performance issues. Now if only the 360 supported gigabit ethernet...

konenavi

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
[citation][nom]konenavi[/nom]Really? Because I have an 80GB PS3 and a damn near launch 360 both still work, amazingly. However I hate the PS3, its slow, 90 percent of the games I have run at 720P only and PSN sucks no matter how much more Live costs. I gotta admit though GT5 and Metal Gear Solid 5 are/will be very very good games.Oh PC Gaming FTW[/citation]
Sorry quoted the wrong message.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]mr_tuel[/nom]I prefer having my 360 wired. Too much wireless interference causing performance issues.[/citation]Agreed. A hiccup on an internet box, no big deal. A hiccup on a gaming PC/console during a match = you die. Not the end of the world, but annoying, and its not hard to run cable for the "important" machines. :D[citation][nom]mr_tuel[/nom]Now if only the 360 supported gigabit ethernet...[/citation]I'm not sure what purpose that would serve. 360 isn't designed to act as mass storage for other machines. Streaming media to the 360 doesn't require gigabit. Even MPEG-2/4, and H.264 1080p movies wouldn't exceed 100 mbits, even with overhead.

anonymousdude

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
[citation][nom]konenavi[/nom]Really? Because I have an 80GB PS3 and a damn near launch 360 both still work, amazingly. However I hate the PS3, its slow, 90 percent of the games I have run at 720P only and PSN sucks no matter how much more Live costs. I gotta admit though GT5 and Metal Gear Solid 5 are/will be very very good games.Oh PC Gaming FTW[/citation]

Exactly how is the PS# slow to you? PS3 games run at 720p big deal they look the same as a 360 because the 360 is upscaled. Live is better, but I'd rather use the money to buy a new game.

coolkev99

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
How about a new "elite" with a massive Hard Drive eh? Or better, just allow people to upgade Hard Drives with standard parts like the PS3. none of this overpriced proprietary crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.