Antivirus Program has detected no viruses, yet all browsers are still slow

ripMICOMPUTERDORA

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
Recently I downloaded some stupid malware from thepiratebay which hijacked my computer and downloaded a plethora of viruses. I supposedly had cleaned all of them off of my computer yet all my browsers are working incredibly slow.

Chrome won't even open a page because it keeps saying DNS error. I went through all the steps to fix a DNS error and no improvement. I simply have to refresh the page multiple times and then it will load in some weird format without any images. I'm using Avast safezone browser right now and it's still slow.

I have tested my internet speeds and everything is good. All my other electronics are running the internet at good speeds.

I have already run the full scan of the computer and went through the steps to reset my chrome browser but nothing was detected or fixed.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue would greatly be appreciated!!!

Solution
I would recommend running a custom scan using Malware-bytes. It's a free program that does an excellent job at finding and removing most malware as opposed to virus protection. Once the scan is finished, be sure to remove any infections found. Then try resetting the DNS back to default and see what happens from there.

SquirrelPhantom

Estimable
Mar 19, 2014
I would recommend running a custom scan using Malware-bytes. It's a free program that does an excellent job at finding and removing most malware as opposed to virus protection. Once the scan is finished, be sure to remove any infections found. Then try resetting the DNS back to default and see what happens from there.

Solution

ripMICOMPUTERDORA

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016

I tried going to the cmd prompt in windows 10 and clearing the cache of the DNS. I believe that's what I did, it was kind of technical.

ripMICOMPUTERDORA

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016

Fixed the problem thank you so much