Any advice?

gegert

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Which should i buy ?

Fujitsu AH531 i3 2330m 4Gb DDR3 ram (2+2) Nvidia GT525M (1 GB DD3) or HP Probook 4730S i3 2310m + 4GB ram ddr3 + ati Hd 6490m. Probook cost 100$ more.

JRock247

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
It depends on what you want to do with the laptop. My choice would the Fujitsu mainly becuase it has a better CPU and better GPU compared with the HP BUT I much prefer HP's build quality and design, oh and there support is brilliant.

It is really down to you and what you want from a laptop. (gaming, office, etc)

AntiZig

Distinguished
Hello,
from the information you provided HP laptop should be cheaper than fujitsu, so either there's other options that are driving the price up or it's simply overpriced.

The CPU in both laptops are about the same, the gpu in fujitsu is slightly better, the rest is the same as you can see yourself.

gegert

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

Is there a big difference between i3 and i5? they are both dual core processors with 2 cores and 4 threads. i5 have turbo boost. My question is should i spend 100$ more for an i5 processor?

AntiZig

Distinguished
Well, whether you need the extra processing power of an i5 over i3 is really for you to decide. i5 offers higher performance over i3 there's no doubt about that.

The turbo mode will allow the CPU to work faster when it's doing easy tasks (surfing web). When it's doing heavy work it will clock down.

Here's a few links to compare:
http://ark.intel.com/compare/53434,50072,
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmarklist.2436.0.html

on average i5 should be about 20-40% faster than i3.

A few things to consider are:
how heavy will your computational load be? how big are you CAD drawings? and how many objects at one time will you be manipulating?

How long do you expect to keep this laptop?

If you can afford to get a better processor it wouldn't hurt, but if money is a big concern for you then you can settle for i3. Waiting 1 second longer to get the same operation done shouldn't be such a big deal. For 70% of your usage the limiting factor will be HDD in all cases.

gegert

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

CAD drawings? Not so big, im just a student :S.
Maybe abt 2 years, when i finish university i'll buy one more powerful for sure
Anyway thanks :) You helped me a lot. You are da man :p
Im just a student, so the CAD drawings are not so big :S ill keep this laptop maybe for 2 years.
Anyway thnx a lot :) You are da man :p
sorry abt my english :S