Any way to make the Blue Snowball mic sound better or how to properly set it up?

xraulb

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
just got my Blue Snow ICE,
there are no setting anywhere where i can play with to make it sound better.
the things is i use it for discord and some of my friend says this sound a little worse than my old mic
(Vodo boompro mic) which does not make sense to me.

thing is...there are no setting for me to play with and no way to hear myself in discord.

any advice.

xraulb

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

there are only two setting inside recording devices you can play with, volume and Sample rate.

sample rate is set at default which is the same spec listed as the mic says it is. there is one level higher to 16 bit 48hz.

on discord..the issue you cant hear yourself and that program used its own setting which will make you sound different than what you hear on discord.

True Buie

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Heyo xraulb

I think you're out of luck with this. Since it's a USB microphone you're not really able to change however you want your voice to sound. I don't know if some mixer-boards have the ability to actually make use of USB microphones, but that would be the option, if it's actually a thing.
If you want like top notch sound quality I'd suggest going for a XLR solution.

Cheers

xraulb

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

i just find it strange that a mic that has good rep could some around the same level as a 30$ vodo boom mic. is there a way for me to hear myself on discord so i can play around with discord setting to see what is what?

because i sound good when i listen to myself on window playback.

TRENDING THREADS