Anyone interested in class action suit against HP

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Alright,
Just to say, some of you might wanna have a look into the NX6110/NC6120 faults, I dunno if this is grounds for lawsuit, but ALL motherboards have a fatal structural issue.

The Intel southbridge becomes damaged over time - or rather, the BGA connections. The only way to repair this is to do a complete reflow, which requires real expensive kit.

Now, HP have known about this for YEARS, yet motherboards were (and still are, in small quantities) manufactured in the same way. Some may last 5 years, some may last 6 months. Who can say.

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1261668953789+28353475&threadId=1096080

I'm too young to go into this and I really can't be arsed, but just to let you know.

usppk9c

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
Would love to join I am actually looking to star a class action suit . They are aware that they are selling defective parts and the way they are getting away with it is by telling the government that they are offering an enhanced warranty but what the government isn t aware is when you call with their system failure they tell you that your enhanced warranty ended. They are bunch of crooked thieves.

Klemke321

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
I would like to have that e-mail, after just getting off the phone with tech support I am beyond frustrated. According to them I should have been checking the HP web site to look for notices about defects. If I didn't have a problem why would I go looking for a solution.

Canuck1

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
I hope you succeed! What about HP inkjet printers and especially HP software!!!

I have this ANNOYING 'trayapp' popup window come up over and over and over!!! I didn't know what it was until I googled it. It turns out it's HP software for a HP printer. But, the utility doesn't state anywhere what it is or what it is doing or what it is for. It turns out I need to edit the registry or insert a HP software CD!

Can you believe this?!? Even when I try to close the app, it comes back repeatedly until I click the 'x' over and over. This software is probably the worst thing I've ever seen! HP SUCKS!!!!!!

burgessc343

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
I just started having the same problem with my HP Pavilion dv6000 that I'm discovering so many have had as far back as 2007. My computer won't stay on and the screen stays black. I thought it was an issue with my battery and so I invested in a new one. It didn't solve the problem and so I began to search the net and discovered that the problem appears to be with the mother board and HP knows it, but has charged customers $400 to fix the problem if their computer is no longer under warranty. I don't believe we should be charged to fix a defect that they have known about for over two years. They should have recalled these computers. If there is a class action lawsuit and if it's not too late to join, count me in (that is, unless HP is willing to do the right thing and repair these computers for free).

tekfu

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
My Story.

I work for an I.T company, probably as most people on this posting. My G/F has a dv93xxCA model, sold in Canada

Well here's the long and short.

1. I think there should be a North American lawsuit (for USA, Canada and Mexico) as they are part of the NAFTA agreement, and therefore are subject to it's rules.

2. Last Fri (Jan 8, 09). My G.f was at home listening to music, then poof it dies (showing symptoms over the last few weeks (ie hangs, snowy screens, battery not holding charge, wifi losing power (all of which are symptoms of this issue)

3. I contacted HP friday night last week (Jan 8th). Spoke to a Women supervisor whom informed me that the additional warranty was covered from the date of manufacturer (which in this case was Sept 07) and expired in July 09. Now today I get a call from their case resolution team, telling me a different story, how this laptop was made in April of 07, and up until last Friday, they never got 1 call from my g/f or her parents to create any type of record for this unit (yet somehow they know it was sold in June of 07) that's BS... any way to continue

They tell me that I have to pay 399 Canadian to fix this model and that gives a 90 day warranty (somewhat extended after the repair) OH GET THIS ...she tells me that they don't have the serial numbers of their units affected or when they were made

(BUT SHE CAN TELL ME WHEN my g/f's was made and appearently sold...YA RIGHT...I am not a mushroom, don't keep me in the dark and feed me crap..!!!!)

Now I have 3 things wrong with the information I have been provided so far.

1. Why does their website which outlines the issue in full documentation make no mention of when the limited (extended warranty ended in July 09)

2. Why could they not provide a update via their driver site (patch or an scanning update which checks the model and serial # of the unit) which outlines or discussed this in further detail to inform the customer of the issue and let the customer decide what the next step would be (HP kept this quiet for a reason)

3. Why is it that from the date of manufacture the warranty and the limited one mentioned for this issue was never really made public until after people started having this issue.

I THINK this is THEFT and misrepresentation on their part. This issue is documented too well to be coincidences or mearly the fault of the user...this is complete and udder BS...I will NEVER AGAIN BUY OR RECOMMEND HP....

If you want to shoot me an email (fouraceswild@gmail.com)

DO NOT BUY HP

Dougx1317

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
I have two DV2000 laptops that failed at about 30 days outside the 12 month warranty period. When I called them, they politely told me to F*** Off. Should $1200 laptops from HP only last one year? Seems like poor quality to me.

TheGreatGrapeApe

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
Thread is now locked, but I'll leave it in place for 1 month to its anniversary for reference if you want to participate, contact the e-mail address above.

With the number of random Anonymous comments too (usually being the first to resort to personal attacks an accusations) this thread has served it's original purpose.

However most importantly, this is not the place for these threads, ambulance chasing is just like any other spam, not wanted. :non:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS