Anyone know what's wrong with my Nokia Lumia 610

samshaw

Estimable
Mar 7, 2014
The phone seems to think the power button is being pressed down constantly, so it's very hard to get on cuz it just switches itself off again straight away. If i do manage to get it on it keeps locking the screen (as the lock button is the same as the power button) and trying to turn itself off again.

Warranty has run out so i want to try opening the phone myself see if there's something behind the power button or something wrong with the motherboard. Is this a good idea or will i break it?
Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

Shaun o

Distinguished
Nearly all phones as a power switch have a what we call a bubble contact.

It contains a domed disk of metal, that is it`s normal shape to open or rebound when no pressure is applied.

By pressing it in you make a contact or circuit bellow the metal dome.
On to a printed circuit that has a gap in it, or a circuit of the switch bellow the metal dome.

Bubble contacts can fail after a set amount of presses to it because the Dome does not rebound making a constant connection to the circuit below.

Or if the device has been dropped in a sticky liquid, and it has seeped into or between the dome and circuit. The liquid can also cause the metal or plastic button of the case to stick as it dries, common causes sugar drinks or alcohol, split on or over the phone in a small amount.

zenic032797

Honorable
May 31, 2013
If you're careful yes you can open it, but see if you can't use a very thing piece of metal or something else to get the gunk out of the power button's sides. hope that will get it loose enough so this doesn't keep happening.

zenic032797

Honorable
May 31, 2013

really you shouldn't have to open the phone up if you have something to thin enough to get the button to either pop out or get out what ever is making the power button from doing this. but if it still keeps turning off like that then it could either be the phone it self or you might have to open it up to pop the power button from there