Anyway to setup an old technics hifi with modern tech?

dlevans82

Prominent
Feb 8, 2017
Hey all, I have an old technics hifi (about 20 years) and I still love the quality of it.

But the downside is having not great connectivity with this day and age :(

I was wondering if anyone knows a way I could setup this hifi to go with latest tech like Alexa or my home pc.

I’ve tried to connect a Bluetooth streambot mini but the sound is so low and needs to be on max volume to hear anything.

I’ll upload the images of the hifi now, it’s a SA-EH760.
AksXga2.jpg

r1E0e2n.jpg

Solution
As suggested above you can easily connect an Alexa Dot to your stereo. Connect it to the Aux/DVD input.
If you want more music options then use a Sonos Connect or Denon Heoslink. These access more music services than just Alexa and will also play music files on your network. You can use the free app to control them.
Since the Dot is inexpensive start with that and you can use it for voice control with the Sonos or Denon if you decide to get one of those later.
As suggested above you can easily connect an Alexa Dot to your stereo. Connect it to the Aux/DVD input.
If you want more music options then use a Sonos Connect or Denon Heoslink. These access more music services than just Alexa and will also play music files on your network. You can use the free app to control them.
Since the Dot is inexpensive start with that and you can use it for voice control with the Sonos or Denon if you decide to get one of those later.

Solution