Connect old Technics AV Control Stereo Receiver to a modern Samsung 4K Smart TV

twistedx01

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017
I have a "Technics SA-EX700" AV control stereo receiver with 5.1 surround sound. I used to connect it to an old "Sony KV-29FX65 E" through a 21 pin cable.
In one end the cable has the 21 pin head and on the other end it has all this cables that connect to the Technics stereo receiver:

My question is: which similar cable should I use to connect the Technics stereo receiver to a modern Samsung 4K Smart TV? The TV has this connections:

BuddhaSkoota

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014

The only available audio output from the TV is a digital optical output. There are no compatible audio inputs on your receiver, so you would need to purchase a digital-to-analog converter like this one:

Digital-to_Analog Converter

BuddhaSkoota

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014

The only available audio output from the TV is a digital optical output. There are no compatible audio inputs on your receiver, so you would need to purchase a digital-to-analog converter like this one:

Digital-to_Analog Converter

twistedx01

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017

Thanks for the help. Just a final question. The cable that is on the photo has 2 video cables and 4 video cables. With the digital-to-analog converter I could only have one audio in/out. Would that be a problem?

BuddhaSkoota

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014

You need not worry about the analog video cables. They are not usable on a digital TV.

I am just assuming that you are trying to use your receiver to play audio from sources connected to your TV, in which case a digital-to-analog audio converter such as the one shown would work fine. No need to route the video through the receiver.

twistedx01

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017

I think it will work. Thank you very much for your help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Audio 0
O Audio 2
C Audio 3
samyt485 Audio 2
B Audio 4
N Audio 3
D Audio 2
T Audio 4
F Audio 5
B Audio 3
D Audio 1