APE format questions

foxyg

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
What is the best way to play APE files on a portable players such as ZUNE?
If I convert APE to MP3, there will be some quality loss, if I set the bit rate to be very high, will the MP3 file be lossless too?

Also are there any software to convert APE to WMV lossless?

MP3 is always lossy. You would convert to wav files which are not compressed at all but will take up a lot of memory or wma files. I use a freeware program called Switch to batch convert files to almost any codec. You can keep the APE files and it will just make copies for the Zune

virtuousbaby

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011

i know a step by step guide on how to convert ape to various audio format like wma, aiff, flac, wav, m4a and more at Convert APE to WMA on Mac and Windows

This guide can help:

Convert APE to uncompressed audio formats like APE to WAV, APE to AIFF, or APE to AU
Convert APE to lossless compressed audio formats like APE to M4A (Apple Lossless) or APE to FLAC
Convert APE to lossy compressed audio formats like APE to MP3, APE to OGG, APE to WMA, APE to AAC, APE to RA, APE to MP2, APE to AC3 and more
Convert and play APE in iTunes/iPod/iPhone/iPad/Apple TV/Mac/QuickTime and more
Convert and play APE in Winamp, Windows Media Player, Windows 7/XP/Vista/2000 and more
Convert and play APE on Android, Motorola, BlackBerry, LG, Samsung, Xbox 360, Microsoft Zune, PSP, PS3, Wii and more