Apple Co-Founder Talks Android Superiority vs iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Strange, I feel the opposite way about my Xperia X10, & hear lot's of angry Android users complain about the software too. But the quality makes me NOT envy iPhone owners. ;-)

User69

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
Sorry with all the problems with the iphone 4 and Apple essentially bricking its old 3G with its new iOS software I fail to see a "quality" device. I mean, come on, a phone that is made out of glass on both front and back, and a company that can't change a phone color from black to white has some quality issues.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
No, Woz DID say all those things, then received a polite phone call (iCall?) from Uncle Jobs (probably insisting Woz received the call on his iPhone) and subsequently retracted everything he said.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I have owned both devices to date. The iPhone is a better overall unit than an Android device. There are too many variables when it comes to Android and the marketplace.

Now I will say, having played with a Windows 7 phone for a short period of time, I felt very comfortable using it and navigating the screens. Microsoft has done an excellent job with their product.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Yeah, but what does he know? He's only the co-founder....
Oh, wait.

Given his background, he might be given the honor of being terminated by Jobs himself.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
i can tell you from experience that android is not better...i can't stand the android OS...so bloated and way too much crap running in the background, yes even after you tell the freaking apps to shut down. for some reason they restart...is google that desperate to steal my info?

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
However, Woz says he also suggested that Apple would catch up through its purchases of Siri and Poly9.
Apple has to "catch up" with these features. This means 2 things: that Android has these features that iOS doesn't, and that Apple isn't even making these features themselves, they're just buying them and throwing them in.
I've failed to find something the iPhone can do that the Android can't.
Google had my data long before Android existed... it's convenient for me to let Google automatically sync that data to my phone. If there's one technological concept that will win these days, it's integration. It makes my phone a 'lite' version extension of my computer, which I practically live on.

G

@nebun

might want to take a look at iOS too, all phone OS behave similarly, closing an app does not purge it from the memory, it goes into a sort of hibernation mode, it ensures when the app is relaunched it starts up quicker, humans are habitual people, the majority of peeps will only ever use a handful of apps, the app is only really purged when the memory is full and needs more room for a new app launch, and you have actually no control over the prioritization of which is purged and which is not, well anyways thats how the developers saw it....

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]AllMobileOS[/nom]@nebunmight want to take a look at iOS too, all phone OS behave similarly, closing an app does not purge it from the memory, it goes into a sort of hibernation mode, it ensures when the app is relaunched it starts up quicker, humans are habitual people, the majority of peeps will only ever use a handful of apps, the app is only really purged when the memory is full and needs more room for a new app launch, and you have actually no control over the prioritization of which is purged and which is not, well anyways thats how the developers saw it....[/citation]
wither way i don't like it

Status
Not open for further replies.