Apple Investigating Wi-Fi Issues with the New iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
They are holding it wrong! Seriously though, maybe this is just small percentage or they decided to ignore an issue and deal with it later.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
One of my co-workers brought her new ipad at work to see if any of us will be able to help her with that, as well. She could not connect to 3 different networks, 2 of them unprotected.
I don't think this is an isolated issue; now she has a good looking over-sized paperweight.
Goes to show you that no company is immune to flaws.

superwiggle

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
As a network admin at a 800 room resort I will say 95% of all guest wireless issues come from ipad and iphone users. Normally I just tell them to reconnect a few time until it works because there is nothing wrong with the infrastructure...

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I didn't know this was an Ipad 3 problem. My Ipad 1 doens't have very good wi-fi reception either. My droid 2 can go at least 30-40 more feet than my Ipad. I just thought Apple skimped on the network card.

Unolocogringo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Maybe they should name all of their new devices Ifail.
Every time they try to bring new technology to market,Instead of older proven technology in a shinny new package, it fails.
Hmmmmm?

rex86

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
[citation][nom]Rick_Criswell[/nom]Maybe they should name all of their new devices Ifail.Every time they try to bring new technology to market,Instead of older proven technology in a shinny new package, it fails. Hmmmmm?[/citation]

Buy the new iFail from Apple!

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
I'm very lucky I imagine. I have 2 of the new Pads and neither of them has any WiFi. ...but there are literally millions of new iPads out there so if just a small percentage has these issues that a huge amount of affected customers. ...wonder if they're really just holding it wrong.

AkIRA_22

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
For a company that has billion in loose cash, that's only job is to make wirelessly connected devices (iMac, Macbook, iPod, IPhone, iPad are all wireless) you'd think they'd be able to do it better. Apple just isn't that good, sure they make good looking devices, but they aren't actually functional ones. Then they come up with bullshit excuses like "holding it wrong" and "the reception bar indicator algorithm is wrong".

AkIRA_22

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]rex86[/nom]Buy the new iFail from Apple![/citation]

We've taken the iFail to magical new levels. It's the funnest iFail ever!

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Funny to see the haters come out.

No mention of the ASUS Prime and the WiFi issues and GPS issues they have? The number of complaints in online forums for the Prime outnumber the new iPad by a long shot. There's even a petition up to get ASUS to do something about it.

This despite the Prime having sold a whopping 80,000 (yes, 80,000) units compared to the millions of iPads sold. And Apple is giving customers a new iPad if they have a problem.

Sounds like Apple has an issue with a small number of iPads (maybe a manufacturing defect or a bad batch of chips) and they're trying to get back the affected units to determine the exact cause and how many are affected. And customers are getting theirs replaced unlike ASUS which simply removed GPS as a "feature".

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
They get no signal on our company network because we never allow iProducts on the net, no matter how bad the boss screams.... We got him by the balls too because who else holds the keys to the entire network....

=D

Status
Not open for further replies.