aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
"and we know that jailbreaking can severely ENHANCE the experience."

there...i fixed it for you stevo, no need to send me my free ipad or anything

jamie_macdonald

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Like anyone's suprised apple would drop their warranty with any excuse? ...my friend took back their phone (3gs)for repair under warranty and because the ourside of the case had been exposed to water (and triggered a sensor on the outside of the case) that they would not live up to the warranty conditions ... like we live in a planet without humidity?!
So i fully expect them to try and pull any reason to drop the warranty, it's crapple after all.

L0tus

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
This is why I sold my 3gs. Apple is just too controlling in the way it wants its customers to use their phone. That's great for unsophisticated users who want minimal hassle but it's just anal for enthusiasts & techies.

SevenVirtues

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
I'm not too sure of consumer laws in america. So someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

It I not legal to jailbreak your phone, it is also law that you get a warranty with a product. Therefore apple cannot deny anyone their warranty for jailbreaking.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]sevenvirtues[/nom]I'm not too sure of consumer laws in america. So someone please correct me if i'm wrong.It I not legal to jailbreak your phone, it is also law that you get a warranty with a product. Therefore apple cannot deny anyone their warranty for jailbreaking.[/citation]
As long as the reason for voiding the warranty is written in the warranty (and it probably is) they can not deny you. However, if there is some clause in the warranty that says, "If you tamper with the phone in any way, you void your warranty" then that is the case. They can not change your service at all though.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
When are the Apple fans going to say that: **** us any more Steve and kiss your market goodbye! :D

*Post edited by moderator* Cool it on the language.

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Legally if hardware breaks through normal use apple still has to honour the warranty for repairs, just if you brick your phone through software unlocks your on your own

Status
Not open for further replies.