Apple ''Leaks'' Image of iPod Touch with 3G

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If that is true, that will be a killer for the Touch having to buy a data plan. I know I bought one just to escape having that expense. Sounds like another good money maker for the Cellular companies.

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
***Disclaimer: Extreme Sarcasm Below***

This is great news! So for phone, internet, music, videos, pictures, games and apps you can use your iPhone and then for internet, music, videos, pictures, games and apps you can use your iPod Touch! Wow, Apple really has all the bases covered here! Can't wait to see what they come up with next!!!! :D :D :D

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
I wish they made an iPad mini that was for internet, music, videos, pictures, games and apps. Kind of like the new iPod, but as an iPad.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Yeah, Apple "accidentally leaked" this....right.

Apple is little more than a marketing machine.

I think being trendy is a form of cultural stupidity.

G

Wait. woudlnt this make the ipod THE SAME GODDAMN THIS AS THE IPHONE?!?!?!!? Shit why would anyone buy that? The data plans are like the same price.

distanted

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
[citation][nom]amofo[/nom]Wait. woudlnt this make the ipod THE SAME GODDAMN THIS AS THE IPHONE?!?!?!!? Shit why would anyone buy that? The data plans are like the same price.[/citation]
I'm waiting to see the advantage of repackaging an iPhone 4 without the phone part...but so far this seems sort of like taking away the iPhone's touchscreen and calling it a $600 picture frame.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]whysobluepandabear[/nom]I wouldn't buy an Apple product even if it was capable of s***ing my ****[/citation]
If they did what would they call it, the iSuck?

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
GPS would be nice. Especially for running and cycling routes. But making it you NEED a data plan would effectively kill any chance of me forking over some cash their way.

G

Apple's iPod sales have been flagging for a long long while now, this would be a first stage in integrating the iPod into the iPhone line with the goal of eventually eliminating the iPod altogether and would simply be called iPhone wifi edition or iPhone home edition or media edition or something like that, the most amusing thing about this scenario would be that the iPhone talk edition (the one that actually makes phone calls) would probably cost more, hilarious, it cost you more to buy a phone that makes phone calls.....

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
With this, I'm trying to understand why you'd need the iPhone...if you had 3g and you used wifi at home or whenever possible, you could make phone calls with SIP and google voice, etc.

That would be fantastic...just $25 - $30 a month total...I would love it.

eeide

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Why would you guys think that you would have an iPod touch AND and an iPhone?? This is actually good news as my kids have an iPod touch (they are 5 and 8). They can watch their movies, play games, etc. I have a pretty elaborate setup at my house with media servers, etc. and would love for them to be able to stream movies to their iPods through 3G. We take lots of trips and we enjoy driving so this would be perfect. Now I have to use my MiFi device in the car to connect their iPods and 2 streaming doesn't work so well. I would much rather pay for their own data plan and enable it as needed when we travel. If you don't know how the iPad plans work, it is not a contract and you can turn the 3G data on and off as needed.

On another thought; why all the hate towards this? Just because you either can't afford it or don't want to spend money on it, why do people like to hate so much. If you have a smartphone and don't need an iPod touch and can't imagine how YOU would use it, what logic are you using to come to the conclusion that this is a horrible idea?

eeide

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]konig[/nom]Apple sucks, every product they ever made was overpriced and underdeveloped. I'm baffled by the stupidity of Apple followers.[/citation]
You have obviously never used Mac OS X. What features specifically do you think are underdeveloped? What experience (of your own) have you had with Apple products that made you form this opinion?

Windows 7 is great, but things like spaces (spaces being my biggest use) and expose are a huge productivity boost to me. As far as being overpriced that just depends on what is important to you. I need Windows, but I run it in parallels with coherence mode and I get the best of both worlds.

Also based on the quality of your post I'm not baffled by your stupidity. You obviously are content with mediocrity.

G

Maybe this isn't just a picture of the next iPod touch. Maybe it is a pic of the rumored low-cost new iPhone. Not sure why Apple would continue making two products (iPod touch and iPhone). Wouldn't it make more sense to have one device, if you want a data or call plan, go register the device with a carrier....if you don't, just use it like you would an iPod touch with no plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS