Apple Pulls ''Gay Cure'' App Following Complaints

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]cyb34[/nom]This is the new gay argument.... "We're born this way!"[/citation]

Its hardly an argument its just the way it is. our born liking what you like if you think its a genetic deficiency thats your problem. I would then say you have a genetic deficiency. doesn't make me right but then again i live in a world where it seems most people are bigots of some form or fashion thinking people are sick because they like something you don't. Many straight people like put it in the ass as you say so i guess they have a genetic distorter or perhaps they simply like something you don't.

Comments like yours is what i call small minded and bigoted. It has as much proof as this god everyone talks about. But just because you don't like what they do and think its wrong for whatever reason you can think of to rationalize it they are just malfunctioning. Its this kind of small minded idiocy that condones so much other.

People that think gays are born abnormal or some kind genetic freak show make me sick. People are people no one is better then anyone else.

Homosexuality the new "slavery"

(you cannot cure something that isn't wrong)

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]I've said it many times, and I'll say it once more; Religion is the cause of more offense, hurt and bloodshed than all of history's bloodiest political wars combined.[/citation]

Wow, that's so deep, but pretty stupid.

The big wars, WW I, and WW II, were political, not religious. Not that religion doesn't create conflict too, but blind overstated remarks that are ill-informed need to be stopped.

There are a lot of wars about gaining land, power, and wealth, and they tend to be the big ones. .

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]As a Christian, this is grey in the head for me. I can understand having an app to teach people that homosexuality is wrong, but not 'cure' it.My opinion is my faith, do not criticize me.This is not a Christ-like thing...telling people they need to be 'cured' of their sins.[/citation]

Except that telling people their sexuality is "wrong" isn't okay. I don't care what religion you believe in, it's not your place, or the place of anyone else, to tell them who their allowed to be with.

For the record, "This is my faith, so don't criticize me" is a terrible argument. I've tolerated idiotic statements like this for too long just because it's someone's "faith".

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]cyb34[/nom]This is the new gay argument.... "We're born this way!"I completely agree, you are born sick, with malfunctioning genes, subnormal behavior and bad taste.[/citation]

Well, they technically were. I've met several people who tried dating girls to be socially acceptable and they were never, ever happy. It wasn't until they came out that they were able to find someone that made them happy. They aren't sick, it's just who they are.

Rosanjin

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2006
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Apple only pulled the "gay cure" app because if it actually worked they wouldn't have any customers[/citation]

I know that was totally tasteless, but I still LMAO'd anyway. ^ ^

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]Wow, that's so deep, but pretty stupid. The big wars, WW I, and WW II, were political, not religious. Not that religion doesn't create conflict too, but blind overstated remarks that are ill-informed need to be stopped.There are a lot of wars about gaining land, power, and wealth, and they tend to be the big ones. .[/citation]

The dark ages.

... your welcome.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]The dark ages.... your welcome.[/citation]

*You're welcome.*
(had to fix it before the grammar Nazis got a hold of it :p

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]Religion seems to go after the gays, but not much against the pedos, oh wait ... (I'll stop)[/citation]
Hahaha!!!
*wipes tears, dusts off shirt after rolling on the dirty floor, coughs and makes a straight serious face to continue* :
Also, technically those male priests in the rumours abounding around were "interacting" with male young humans, which makes them gay too...

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
If you want to get into a religious debate, here's one you must answer before truly giving into your faith.

Since humans are generally the most complex organisms on the planet, it's argued that it could not have happened by chance, thus there must have been a creator. However, the creator would have needed to have been far more complex than humans in order to create us (and the world we live in, blah blah). Because the creator, being vastly more complex, would need a creator "himself" if we follow this logic, we can deduce that this logic is self-defeating. The problem of complexity only compounds with the need of a creator for each creator.

On the topic of homosexuality, if you honestly believe it's a disease, sickness, or curse, you may as well find a white sheet, a swastika arm-band, and a giant cross. That way you can join the countless other mindless people who believe anyone different from themselves must be evil and wrong. If people could just get over themselves and accept others for who they are, we would have no need for the KKK, Black Panthers, Neo-Nazis, Lynch mobs, etc.

On a side note, why the hell was this app accepted in the first place, yet the NIN app was denied countless times? It seems the system is still flawed.

G

[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]The big wars, WW I, and WW II, were political, not religious..[/citation]
Precisely my point.

Over 60 million people were killed in World War II alone, but this kind of figure is a drop in the ocean compared to the number of deaths that religion has been directly responsible for.

Perhaps what infuriates me most is the senseless, stupid and pointless nature of so many 'religiously-fueled' deaths. Grown adults stoning each other for suspected homosexuality (read the news this week?). Flying 767's into buildings packed with innocent people just trying to feed their families - all in the name of 'Allah'. Respectable members of the public being refused entry to hotels because of their sexuality. Nutjobs picketing funerals because they believe their God is punishing the nation.

G

Funny how the subject of religion stirs up the demons in people...on both sides. The subject of sexuality is such a small portion of the Bible. Compared to the messages of tolerance, wisdom, forgivness, selflessness, etc....sexual orientation/behavior is like a grain of salt in a can. Yet we wave it around like a flag. Like the Bible is one big ole book about THE SIN OF SEX!

On the other end of the spectrum, are grown people running around like children with their fingers in their ears, too arrogant and too afraid to listen to (or even read for themselves) knowledge and wisdom that was birthed before they had a language to deny it in.

You would think that a Christian who read the Bible would know something about judging people. You would think they have heard the word of God telling them that such a right is reserved for the greatest human to walk the planet - and not them. People read what they want into anything though, even as they disobey the very God they claim to fear and love so much.

You would also think that people intelligent enough to consider themselves the center of the universe, would understand just how illogical it is that they exist, feel, reproduce, and create on this impossibly perfect (and perfectly placed) chunk of rock.

I am a heterosexual, married, Christain follower of Jesus Christ. I think the app is stupid. I think the fact that Apple pulled it is stupid. I think the fact that we are in here discussing it is stupid.

...and I am humble and stupid.

There is so much more to life than what WE think everyone else should be doing.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]Well, if this is OK, then cancer and diabetes are OK too! Happy cancer to you! And don't try to cure it! It's perfectly normal occurring thing in nature![/citation]

Diabetes and cancers are harmful, homosexuality is not. The former will shorten your life, the latter, of itself, will not. We tend to cure what is harmful to an individual.

People who try to persuade someone that their sexuality is "curable" are far more dangerous than someone who prefers to engage in sexual practices with animals of their own species and gender.

Variability of sexuality could be beneficial to gene pools.

I wasted 10 minutes of my life reading these comments ... a couple of gems though ... good to see there are some kind and compassionate people left in the world.

I just don't want to see any personal attacks ... or I'll swing the banhammer around a bit.

G

@alexkitch

you seem sadly mistaken, the actions of a small radical minority can not be taken as the intent of the general group concerned, these action were not a result of religion, they were the result of a bunch of folks with somewhat funny ideals warping the innocent doctrines into a vehicle for their own machinations, like you said, nutjobs, remove the religious background and they still be nutjobs, i dont think religion ever played a role in them being nutjobs it only gave them a vehicle to exercise their craziness

it does not solely occur in the religious field, there are political radicals who do the same thing, then there's peta (who's goals are admirable but actions are counter productive)

to say religion is bad cause a select few use it as an excuse to do terrible things is like saying games are bad cause a few gamers goes off the deep end and kill someone

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]ReggieRay[/nom]Chalk up another victory for the militant in your face gay community.[/citation]
As opposed to the militant in your face every other kind of community? Remember all sides have their vocal ones who annoy the hell out of everyone else.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]ReggieRay[/nom]Chalk up another victory for the militant in your face gay community.[/citation]

You know, if people weren't so in-their-face about not being gay, they wouldn't have had a reason to throw parades and shout it at the top of their lungs. The "militant straight community" brought this upon themselves.

Unfortunately, the regular straight/gay people are subjected to both annoying in-your-face camps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS