Apple Rumor Mill: Mac Netbook/Tablet in the Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenlead

Distinguished
“We don’t know how to build a sub-$500 computer that is not a piece of junk,”

Hm. That's really odd. I spent the same amount of money on my Sager as I could have on a 17" Macbook Pro, and I got hardware that can run circles around it.

Seems to me like Apple doesn't know how to make a computer that isn't a piece of junk.

Why must Apple invade every market? I really think they're trying to be the world's electronics store. I mean, I know that's the goal of any business, but really - Apple can do it all for a ridiculous price, locked software and hardware, and they will graciously deny your existence when it all breaks.

computerninja7823

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
@frozen lead

you too huh...i agree...i meen if apple cant build a sub $500 net book then stay out of that market then....i meen they kinda already dominate the mp3 market. if pull out a zen or something people say oh look a ipod!...no its a ZEN! stupid...mac and... stuff

-cheers

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I think Steve Jobs should memorendum his statement. “We don’t know how to build a computer that is not a piece of junk.”

About time they thought of a Tablet. How can you seriously say your laptops are great for Graphic Designers if you can't even draw on the screen?

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]frozenlead[/nom]“We don’t know how to build a sub-$500 computer that is not a piece of junk,” Hm. That's really odd. I spent the same amount of money on my Sager as I could have on a 17" Macbook Prohttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Pro , and I got hardware that can run circles around it.Seems to me like Apple doesn't know how to make a computer that isn't a piece of junk.Why must Apple invade every market? I really think they're trying to be the world's electronics store. I mean, I know that's the goal of any business, but really - Apple can do it all for a ridiculous price, locked software and hardware, and they will graciously deny your existence when it all breaks.[/citation]
Sooo true..

What bugs me the most is when people still hate MS more than apple but MS basically only makes OS's! Yet apple trys to shove their crap in all directions. MP3 players, computers, "apple" tv, operating systems. Its like the annoying little fly in your ear that wouldn't die!
Oh, and i don't LOVE MS but surely they are better than apple, at least their stuff works..

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
“We don’t know how to build a sub-$500 computer that is not a piece of junk,”

Oh thats easy... it's just like all of your regular priced junk, except smaller.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Wow lots of Apple haters around here! Well, I can't disagree but I hate Apple for sooooooo many other reasons!

As a computer reseller I can't say that there's absolutely no good reason to sell Apple products. First of all, the profit margin is non-existant (5% at best) on ALL products: Ipods, iMacs, accessories... Second, they do not announce their products before they're out. You just bought a batch of ipods yesterday? Too bad, the new ones are out today! Good luck selling them! And of course there's basically no price protection and they won't accept returns unless you're Wal-Mart. Third, the delivery times are ugly. A customer can order a product from the Apple Store and he'll have it in 3-5 days. If he orders the same product from my store, he'll have it in 2-3 weeks because Apple priorize online orders over reseller orders. Only thing that comes in fast are flyers and other publicity products. Fourth, they have the reputation of being a green company but they're #1 on Greenpeace's computers manufacturers hitlist, showing no improvment year after year. And finally, Apple is rich. Richer than Microsoft. People bash MS all the time but at least they share the profits they make with resellers and distributors while Apple keep all the money for themselves.

Wow, it felt really good to finally say that out loud! Thanks for listening.

Oh and to actually say something on the current subject: Apple can make a 500$ Netbook. They'll just sell it 600$ so people can say "Yeah it's a bit pricy, but it's a Mac so it's okay".

aapocketz

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007
The source of the information is an unnamed search engine provider that supposedly “spotted Web visits from an unannounced Apple product with a display somewhere between an iPhone and a MacBook.”

Explain this, someone who runs a website sees connections coming in from some unannounced product from apple with a certain display size. How do they know this? Is it a website that runs identification software on the clients computer? How do they know its an apple product and how do they know what display they are using?

Status
Not open for further replies.