Apple Updates iPod Touch and Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
wow jane, can you please write 5 more apple articles today. pretty please!!!

jeez this is boring. ipods are old OLD news

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
Great news about the Classic because with a music collection like mine, you can never have too much storage space. None of the touch models have enough for me.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I think the fact that they omitted a camera from the Touch is bigger news than you indicate in this article. I mean, I always considered it a useless gimick, but almost everyone expected it and a lot of people are shocked that Apple didnt include it. It either shows that Apple doesn't want the touch to compete with their iPhone, or the rumors about camera problems were more sever than people thought.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
So the new touch has the same processor as the 3GS now? Sounds to me like we're going to get some news about exploding iPod Touches soon too . . .

G

Zip it sanwanwn, Jane is trying to keep people updated as quickly as the news rolls out, so don't criticize when she's doing her job. If Tom's didn't report quickly enough, or at all about Apple today, they would be criticized. If you don't like to hear about the news, then don't bother clicking the title, and stop your yammering. No one is forcing you to read every article Tom's posts.

KTSnyder

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
"If Tom's didn't report quickly enough, or at all about Apple today, they would be criticized. If you don't like to hear about the news, then don't bother clicking the title, and stop your yammering. No one is forcing you to read every article Tom's posts."

Well, he's kind of got a point, when nine of the first eleven items is about iSomethingOrOther. At a certain point, it feels like a press-release service for Apple.

I'm not saying NOTHING should be posted about Apple, but today I may as well have just gone to Apple.com.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
He does have a point, whether you like apple or not, new iPods are definitely the biggest piece of electronics news for the day.

Do you think Tom's was showing favorites to Intel yesterday by simply posting a slew of articles on i5, which everyone's been talking about for months??

KTSnyder

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]Do you think Tom's was showing favorites to Intel yesterday by simply posting a slew of articles on i5, which everyone's been talking about for months??[/citation]

Umm, no. Look at the news items list -- it wasn't stacked that heavily.

Sorry to have touched a nerve there.

Marcus Yam

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
SneakySnake is correct in that media events, as well as embargo expiration dates, generate a blitz of media coverage that can at sometimes seem overwhelming -- especially when it is not catering to your personal taste. That is just the nature of the news industry, and today's Apple flood may have just been exacerbated by the fact that it was a relatively quiet day, iPods aside.

Fortunately, much like the weather, if something displeases you today, there's always a chance for something different for tomorrow.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Instead of blaming Tom's, we should blame Apple. Why the hell does the company hold some kind of special event every month to announce new colors, updates to software no one cares about, etc.. etc..

If people would just stop pretending they cared about apple to try to be cool, apple would stop having these events and making these meaningless announcements, and then news outlets would stop reporting on them.

The next time Tom's posts a story about a worthless announcement from Apple, find someone with an iPod or iPhone, and just smack them once or twice. Eventually, the world will get the idea and stop shitting themselves everytime Steve Jobs comes out of his hole, sees his shadow, and declares a new iPhone OS patch is in the works.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Sorry, I'll ask Microsoft to host a fancy event tomorrow. You know, just to even it up a bit.[/citation]

Well put Jane, thanks for some news on apples event! I may not like them but I don't mind being informed of the competition.

mustseehdtv

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
No HD Radio tuner? Looks like Apple is letting MS get one up on them with the ZuneHD. Or is it Apple's greed that making them do this? Is it that they want you to tag the FM music, so you can buy a "better" quality version of the song and not have the CD quality one by default?

KTSnyder

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]Fortunately, much like the weather, if something displeases you today, there's always a chance for something different for tomorrow.[/citation]

Well, I wasn't personally upset about it -- I'm an average user who doesn't get to read all of the in-depth features, but does like to catch up on the tech news. I don't personally hate Apple like some people on here do.

And really, my comment was in response to someone else's snarky response to a critical comment (not counting the author's own passive-aggressive swipe...tres professional, by the way).

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]KTSnyder[/nom]Well, I wasn't personally upset about it -- I'm an average user who doesn't get to read all of the in-depth features, but does like to catch up on the tech news. I don't personally hate Apple like some people on here do.And really, my comment was in response to someone else's snarky response to a critical comment (not counting the author's own passive-aggressive swipe...tres professional, by the way).[/citation]

No offense intended, I was just pointing out the fact that I can't control who hosts a media event and when. Sorry if it came across as unprofessional but people complaining that today's news isn't what they ordered can wear a woman down.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
so no cameras yet. Doesn't sound like a new generation to me. 160GB iPod, now that's pretty impressive. I still have my 5G 30GB iPod and that's enough for me but I could always use more, that's why I won't go for the Touch.

abhik

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
sandmanwn does have a point. all of the apple articles could have been made into just 1. you just end up with many articles covering similar things and end up repeating yourself. its hardly a slow news day either with corei5 s and the dreamcasts 10th birthday...

Status
Not open for further replies.