Application for high quality dvd rips?

lcaley

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
Hey guys, I'm sorry, this is probably a re-post, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere.
Is there a program that will take a dvd (or a dvd .iso) and convert it into a .avi (I don't care what codec) with the same quality as the dvd? I've been using FairUse Wizard and I really like it, but it doesn't ever let me use the dvd's native resolution. It always says that it's scaling down from whatever the dvd is at to some random size. The program lets you pick several different resolutions, but none of them are what the dvd was encoded at. So I'm assuming that I need to find another program to use. I don't mind paying for something if it's good, but with a billion options, I don't want to just go throwing money around for something that's not as good as what I already have.

Thanks in advance :)

lcaley

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
Seems to work real well when it actually works. What version do you use? Version 8 seems to be extremely unstable.

lcaley

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
Yeah it just randomly crashes a lot. It might be a compatibility issue with Vista or with x64. It makes Aero shut off when it's converting something. I put it in XP SP2 compatibility, but it didn't help. I'm not sure what it is, but it does work most of the time and it's SO FAST! Thanks for the suggestion :)