Archos Offering 9.7" Gingerbread Tablet for $229.99 USD

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
How much RAM does it have.

Most apps will still use only a single core, but a lack of RAM is one of the biggest flaws in lower cost tablets. Android really needs 1GB RAM.

Anyway, tablets are useful for very basic computing but is not worth it once you get into the netbook style pricing.

(netbooks are faster and offer more functionality and cost less than most tablets)

For me, the only reason why I have a tablet is because I was lucky enough to get a HP touchpad during the sale. (while it is not as functional as a laptop, it does run android ICS, and webos 3 though I use webos 3 mostly and have been using my other android devices less and less. The webos UI just makes the android UI feel inefficient due to the amount of work needed to perform the same tasks. (if they were to make a proper emulator for android apps (since both OS are linux based, I would completely switch to webos 3, and possibly look for a way to either port the webos UI to my android devices, or port webos over to it)

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Toms, i visit this site daily in the morning as part of my daily tasks at work haha and though i appreciate you guys showing us a very inexpensive large screen tablet, this one is junk. Its cheap for a reason, do your readers a favor and remove this posting. Don't think we are not smart enough to research what you post up to be a good product. How bout comparing all the Archos tablets to determine which is the best to get as they are all pretty cheap..eerrr inexpensive.

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
pretty much had me at the 1024x768 resolution. maybe some of you missed that? dont compare it to the 600 and 720 devices you guys keep throwing up against it. the speed is enough, memory is enough, the resolution means you dont have to scroll so frikkin much to navigate a page..

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
I wonder how hard and how many times you have to punch the icons on the screen before the tablet reacts... (that's just based on my experience with every Archos device I tested in shops).
I'd like to be proven wrong, but the crap Archos sells is generally by no mean better than the dirt cheap no name chinese ipad mimicks that you can find for half the price of an Archos tab on doubtful websites...

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
I had an archos once, it was good but screen is not quite as responsive as my iPod touch. I returned it because the usb port stopped working.

Status
Not open for further replies.