Are 10.1"'s worth the price over 7"?

lukey2k10

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
I'm completely bewildered by the tablet market, I got the first Ipad and as far as I was concerned, that was the only tablet. It was only a few weeks ago I realized how big the market was!
Anyway,down to business. Are 10.1" tablets worth the price over 7" tablets?
I mean you have the galaxy tab 2, the 10.1" is around about double the price of the 7" in the U.K, is that really worth it just for a little extra screen?
For a little less price than the 10.1", I can get a 7" wth 3G which is a plus as I just sold my Iphone and don't actually have a phone right now.

Or has anyone else got any other tablet recommendation?

If you want a larger sceen, then it's worth it. I am pretty sure that the Tab 2 10" has a faster CPU than the 7" version. You do not want to carry around a 7" tablet to use as a phone. At least no way I would unless you carry a purse with you everywhere you go.

I got a Nexus 7 (7" duh!), and I like it. Large enough to read with, small enough to hold in one hand. It easily fits in a jacket pocket although being summer, wearing a jacket is not a good idea. I am travel between places like visiting friends / family then during the summer I simply carry it my hand. If I am meeting up with friends to hangout, then I just leave it at home.

However... I could buy a man bag... I mean satchel to carry it around with me during the summer... nah!!!!

Asus_USA

Honorable
May 1, 2013
It really depends what you plan on using it for. I have a 7 inch and I am perfectly fine with it. However, I rarely do any work-related things with it. I would imagine it not being very fun opening up spreadsheets and typing word documents on a 7 inch screen. The extra real estate would be nice work that. However, eBooks, web browsing, and games look fine on a 7 inch.

lukey2k10

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Just general things a 17 year old would use it for so Work related isn't something i'd use it for,
7" nexus did feel sort of sloppy but maybe that just because i was so use to the Ipad.
I've decided on a 10.1 as I can afford the x2 price and I had a little go on my Sister's 10.1 and that convinced me!