Armed Robbers Steal 100 Copies of COD BlackOps

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

@Dick Fitzwell
your a bit off there, Japanese tend to sux at FPS the US rocks that market, Japanese/Chinese excel at platform jumpers, fighting games (like street fighter) and dance/guitar/motion interactive games, now if we talking about RTS then the Koreans are going rule that market and everyone loves a good RPG, so for your scenario to work out someone have to invent a motion interactive FPS where you control Ryu via a guitar shaped controller who randomly encounters enemies while on route to a target as directed by a person who's playing Guile in a RTS environment..........must be lack of coffee but that sounds outstandingly entertaining....

but back to the story, has any9one bothered to check IW HQ to see if the missing boxes have turned up there......

kscr7

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
im not sure, but i dont think its activisions fault that mw2 got little to no patches.
Blizzard is under activision and they balance the game.
so it is iws fault for being lazy.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
I've gone off waiting in line for new releases, least down town anyway..it's late, crowded, and the chavs/hoodies think it's cool to jump the line by pretending to know people. I went with someone to pick this game up yesterday and it was chaos..no security, no real organization and nowhere to sit so you could wait for your friends. When people were coming out they were having to be taken to their cars by the police, due to the chavs making threats of voilence against them for having the nerve to tell them when the line starts.

All this over a game. I'd just rather wait a week or so, or get it second-hand. It really does put a downer on things when you see this kind of thing especially in front of younger members. I don't know why these wannabe gangsters in the UK even think it makes them look big, either, it makes them look like dickheads to the majority.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]100 games X $60 = $6,000 = Grand Theft = Felony = Serious Jail TimeIf I was a cop I would keep a close eye on eBay and Craigslist.[/citation]

They had deadly weapons, too.

newblood

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
lol i live literally right across the street from the Festival where the gamestop is located xD btw, i didnt steal it o_O

doped

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
[citation][nom]the_al[/nom]My facts are right.It's a completely different game, that works on an existing code base. It's not done from scratch.They are profiting off the noteriety/brand name made possible by infinity ward.Get your business concepts right, and marketing right before you try a rebuttal.These people are riding the Modern Warfare2 coe-tails(sp?) made possible by the original infinity ward/MW2 crew.----Blackops will be nothing like Modern Warfare 2.Everyone should wait for respawn entertainments first release.[/citation]
if you wanna talk original codebase, then you need to go back to id software from whom they originally bought it!!! And no, Treyarch developed each other game from the beginning almost, so stop your fanboyism right there. Yes Infinity award made great games, but treyarch made great games too, just in a more oldschool direction. They are the same games, but slightly different philosophy behind them. Though I can't quite see it with black ops.

Call of duty died for me when they introduced weapon customization and kill-streak bonuses, what a load of crap. But then again, I'm an oldschool DooMer from when that game came to MSDOS around the globe. You can clearly see from the sales figures that they've hit the head on the nail with cod4, and that's why they stayed in that track with mw2 and not black ops.

what set me off the most about these new realistic games is that they are no fun in multiplayer because you can't see the enemy shooting at you. And don't give me that crap about it being realistic, I'm not playing a game for it to be realistic. I'm playing it for fun, and it's not fun getting sniped from far away from a guy you didn't even see.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]zulfadhli[/nom]Yes games are much more expensive than movies..Which take even millions more to produce..Sad day for gamers..Hope they change the market soon[/citation]
I think it's because movies have a bigger market share and games give you more "entertainment" time.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Dick Fitzwell[/nom]In the future, the worlds armies will be computer gaming geeks and they will battle on the intranets. Millions on "gamers" [read:soldiers] will battle at workstations and kill each other "virtually". Expect the Japanese and Chinese to prevail as their 'armies' are better adapted to gaming scenario warfare. They may not have the best gamers but they do have a higher quantity of top-notch elite gamers and sheer numbers will prevail. All the games they produce now are the prelims for future warriors and training. Eventually battle dress will be fitted headgear and "controllers" to bring an immersion quality to the interface. A 'holodeck' would be the ultimate result. Also, all soldiers who 'die' in battle would be marched into a vaporization chamber to culminate their actually death coinciding with their virtual death. This will also give incentive to play better and eliminate the slackers who might not play their best if they didn't think death was an actuality.[/citation]
I think you should put away those star trek DVDs :)

G

The buymore didn't get enough copies and Jeff and Lester had to get some more copies somewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.