[ask]Sony vaio vpccw16fg

ziedrich

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Hey all.

I want to buy sony vaio vpccw16fg but there are no review on the net (well it's still new). But I heard rumor that sony vaio has common issue like hibernating problem (cannot wake up from hibernating (freeze)), and the LCD is rather easily broken? is that true?

for hibernating I asked 3 of my friend that uses vaio and 3 of them have hibernating issue >.<.

and about 14 " i7 notebook, are there any news about it in early 2010?

I've still confused whether I wait for i7 notebook or not.. And whether i7 notebook in the first year is value for price and performance or not.

G

hi this is prashant

i have already bought vpccw16fg in india, performing good till now, its been only 2 weeks :D ...looks and config. are damm good.
i dnt know about hibernating problem never heard from nyone
lets see how it goes further, the only thing i found negative is it is not so fast operating system, and instead of 4 gb ram still i find it slow machine.....

bits_stib

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
Hi prashant

can you tell me about the battery backup.
and have you tried installing XP on it.

thanks
tuhin

hi this is prashant

i have already bought vpccw16fg in india, performing good till now, its been only 2 weeks :D ...looks and config. are damm good.
i dnt know about hibernating problem never heard from nyone
lets see how it goes further, the only thing i found negative is it is not so fast operating system, and instead of 4 gb ram still i find it slow machine.....

G

Hi,
I have also bought Sony Vaio VPCEB16FG and i have been using it since past 2 weeks. I have always been a sony fan, the quality of workmanship is far better when compared to HP/DELL . Go for 2+ extended warranty if you are so much worried about the hardware issues. At the same price i have inquired few other laptops but nothing came close to this.
1080 display is magnificent. I have also not yet faced the HIBERNATE Issue.

I personally feel It is slow with windows 7. Hopefully after some point in time i will switch to windows XP