Astro A40 parts or Hyper X Cloud

Steeler1994

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014
I've had my Astro A40's since the end of 2013. I'm debating to just spend money on new earpads, detachable mic, and mute cable, or do i just buy the Hyper X Cloud and use it with my MixAmp. I've heard great things about it, but love my Astro A40's. Help me out. Thanks!

Solution
not sure about the nuforce as i'm not familiar with them but the creative aurvana's are good cans for the money - they just sound best at lower to mid volume ranges and not loud. some people use them for extremely budget oriented headphone+mic gaming headsets although for more money you can do better. i'd say the 518 is s till better though.

the m50 (i own one so can speak from personal experience) is a warm sounding headphone with a tinge more bass than normal while still having detailed treble. built like tanks. one negative to them is an incredibly small soundstage which makes them not so ideal for gaming although you could certainly use them for that if you dont mind the lack of good positional audio)

the ad500x is within budget...
the hxc is pretty decent in the quality department for the price, though its not going to be a huge upgrade. better yes, but not perfect.

if you have the money you might be better off upgrading to headphones (such as the hd518) and a microphone (either modmic, lavalier mic or desk mic). headphones > headsets almost all of the time in terms of audio quality.

not sure about the nuforce as i'm not familiar with them but the creative aurvana's are good cans for the money - they just sound best at lower to mid volume ranges and not loud. some people use them for extremely budget oriented headphone+mic gaming headsets although for more money you can do better. i'd say the 518 is s till better though.

the m50 (i own one so can speak from personal experience) is a warm sounding headphone with a tinge more bass than normal while still having detailed treble. built like tanks. one negative to them is an incredibly small soundstage which makes them not so ideal for gaming although you could certainly use them for that if you dont mind the lack of good positional audio)

the ad500x is within budget. super huge soundstage and great positional audio (a bit better than the 518) and good clear treble/mids with a fairly neutral sound. however they are very bass light (they have midbass but lack good sub bass quantity). this means they are advantageous in fps games (you can hear footsteps easier) but perhaps not quite as fun sounding.

Solution