Astro Mix-amp + Hyper Clouds 2

Fritchard

Estimable
Dec 1, 2015
So I have the Astro A40 TR's, and love them a lot, but the sound quality isn't great. It sounds a little metallic and I have heard they don't do the mixamp justice. Plus my mic is going out... I was wondering if it would be worth getting the Hyper Cloud 2 headset to pair with my mixamp. I understand the surround sound sucks in the sound card on the Hyperx Cloud 2, but how would it sound paired to the mix amp. I love the surround sound on the a40s, just the quality and depth of sound isn't there. Any input would be great, thanks!

Solution
well surrond gives poor quality, give me a descent pair of stereo headphones anyday over a surround sound headset,... I expect also the hyper clouds 2 to be lackluster when it comes to surround sound... as it is dependant on the astro mixer, and I do not know its quality other than I highly doubt that it is any good.

Decend pair of a stereo headset any day!

BringerOfTea

Estimable
Dec 17, 2015
well surrond gives poor quality, give me a descent pair of stereo headphones anyday over a surround sound headset,... I expect also the hyper clouds 2 to be lackluster when it comes to surround sound... as it is dependant on the astro mixer, and I do not know its quality other than I highly doubt that it is any good.

Decend pair of a stereo headset any day!

Solution

Fritchard

Estimable
Dec 1, 2015

Ok, well given my situation, an astro mixamp, an Astro headset, and a Cloud headset, and lets just say, for sake of this argument, that the clouds headset has better drivers than the Astro Drivers. If I plug the Clouds into the Astro Mixamp, will I get the same surround sound quality? Does the surround sound come from the drivers in the speakers, or the mixamp?